Purification Development Engineer
Healthcare Life Sciences
The GE Puridify team is developing membrane chromatography purification technologies to increase the productivity of bioprocessing. This is a unique opportunity to become part of a recently acquired innovative and dynamic multidisciplinary team and be integral to the shaping of a new technology for wide industrial applications. The site has both R&D and manufacturing capabilities and the role will be involved in both aspects of this.
The post holder will be responsible for the design, optimisation, and scouting of new chromatography purification protocols working with a variety of monoclonal antibody feed streams.
Key responsibilities/essential functions include:
· Involved in providing analytical data to projects in development, and liaising with colleagues in BioProcess Development
· To set up and run experiments in consultation with project managers, ensuring that experiments are appropriately supervised and supported
· To record, analyse and write up the results of experiments
· To report and disseminate data to the rest of the team
· To complete detailed protocols and SOPs to feed into Puridify’s knowhow and IPR generation
· Supporting product validation, verification, testing and trouble-shooting activities with manufacturing personnel
· Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in Biochemical / Bioprocess Engineering, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or similar technical background or equivalent knowledge or experience
· Experience in purification process development for clinical biopharmaceutical therapeutics and vaccines
· Use of AKTAs, or other chromatographic systems
· Protein and nucleic acid analysis
· Understanding of biopharmaceutical purification scale-up/scale-down principles.
· Ability to apply a logical approach to problem solving
· Ability to work both independently but also an effective communicator to the rest of the research team.
· Ability to carry out laboratory practices diligently
· Ability to work autonomously and effectively under broad directives
· Research skills in the appropriate subject area described above
· Ability to analyse and write up data
· Ability to present complex information effectively to a range of audiences
· Effective written and verbal communication skills
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients.
Learn More About Careers at GE
Learn More About GE Healthcare
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us onTwitter , join ourLinkedIn Group or become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .
Here are some other vacancies your might like
About General Electric
Inventer le monde industriel de demain, telle est la motivation de General Electric.
Multinationale de renom, GE est leader dans les secteurs énergie et transports dont les activités se répartissent entre GE Energy Infrastructure, GE Technology Infrastructure, GE Capital, GE Consumer & Industrial et NBC Universal. Doté d'importants pôles de recherche, General Electric met donc à profit son savoir-faire et ses connaissance afin produire de l'énergie, bâtir, faciliter les déplacement et améliorer les soins à travers le monde.
GE couvre un large de panel de métiers, niveaux et compétences à travers des fonctions d'ingénierie, marketing, santé, finance, logistique, communication, business développement etc. De ce fait, les offres du simple stage au CDI ne manquent pas en France, notamment sur les sites de Buc et Velizy Villacoublay, près de Paris.
La société offre des voies professionnelles multiples et intéressantes d'un point de vue rémunération, cadre de travail et challenges pour de jeunes stagiaires ou alternants souhaitant mettre à profit leurs compétences au sein d'une entreprise au service de tous pour inventer les solutions de demain.
Rejoignez GE pour construire votre parcours ensemble.