Power Gas Power Systems
The Process Quality Engineer is responsible for managing and establishing internal quality processes and systems and managing the quality audits for Parsippany, NJ.
As the Process Quality Engineer you will:
· Develop and implement General Inspection Procedures (GIPs)
· Perform site assessments and leadership in audits
· Maintain processes needed to support next generation manufacturing processes
· Research and implement new Inspection techniques and technologies
· Plan, direct, and coordinate all quality assurance functions
· Direct and coordinate the overall quality specifications and standards for materials, processes, and finished products to meet customer purchase order requirements
· Develop and implement quality metrics to drive manufacturing improvements and business results
· Ensure safe practices are used in compliance with all governmental regulations
· Identify, drive, mentor, and implement projects that improve overall production quality.
· Conduct training to quality processes as needed
· Develop and maintain calibration system; train calibrator/ calibration inspector.
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in an engineering or quality position)
· Minimum 3 additional years of experience in manufacturing or quality
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
· Ability to drive change
· Knowledge of NADCAP and ISO
· Strong organizational, analytic, and problem-solving skills
· Experience in implementing or executing NDT processes, including X-Ray,
· Ability to troubleshoot and correct NDT processes while maintaining product and process flow
· Understanding of various measurement processes and control methodologies for Gas Turbine components
· Ability to work in cross-functional teams in a matrix environment with all levels of personnel
· Strong working knowledge of Manufacturing and Quality operations
· Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Ability to plan, prioritize, and manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines
· Ability to coach, manage, change and facilitate team performance
· Ability to analyze problems, identify root causes and provide efficient solutions
· Greenbelt or Blackbelt certification or extensive quality experience
· Develop and maintain CMM software; develop probes and tools for CMM use; train inspectors in the use and operation of CMM.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@gecareers
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world’s largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.