Support the preventative maintenance program by carrying out effective maintenance routines, repairs, and calibrations to prolong the useful life and optimise the efficiency of production equipment.
Key responsibilities/essential functions include (but are not limited to):
· Conduct planned, and unplanned maintenance on production equipment
· Perform calibrations on equipment.
· Support production activities at all times by ensuring minimum response times to equipment breakdowns and achievement of equipment availability targets.
· Perform certification of production cleanrooms and controlled areas.
· Promote an environment of continuous improvement and innovation in line with lean thinking and Maintenance best practice.
· Design and fabricate parts and small systems.
· Install and monitor new equipment.
· Maintain safety and regulatory equipment at all times and report any defects.
· Maintain a log of activities carried out on equipment i.e. hours works, spare parts used etc using the site CMMS
· Ensure that maintenance cover for production areas is provided at all times by demonstrating flexibility regarding working overtime to provide cover for holidays, sick leave, shutdown periods, busy periods and as required.
· Provide support to the Utilities function to ensure that production critical utility supply is maintained at all times.
· Ensure compliance to all aspects of the Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental procedures are maintained.
· Ensure that all activities are carried out in accordance with the Good Manufacturing Practices requirements maintained by the company.
· All employees are responsible for minimizing both the Environmental and Health & Safety effects of the work that they perform.
· Work closely and interact with the other groups within the Engineering and Operations departments.
· Comply with EHS Regulations and Policies Quality Specific Goals:
· Aware of and comply with QA Facilities, Cleanroom, Preventative Maintenance, Calibration, Good Documentation Practices, Material Segregation and Control requirements as associated with this job type/position.
· Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
· Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
· Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
· Two years experience in industrial maintenance, metrology or related fields.
· Strong electrical and electronic repair and diagnostic skills.
· General skills and expertise related to maintenance and facilities activities.
· Demonstrate levels of theoretical knowledge with practical application.
· Relevant working knowledge of a regulated industry and cGMP.
· Basic computer skills. Physical Requirements:
· Frequently move, lift, carry, push or pull weights up to 50 lbs unassisted and occasionally lift/move weights greater than 50 lbs with assistance.
· Frequently climb stairs and ladders
· Frequently squat, stoop, kneel, crouch, turn, pivot and reach
· Frequently use fingers or hands to grasp, clamp, move, finger, handle and feel small objects
· Ability to continuously stand or walk
Two year degree in electronics, metrology, industrial maintenance
There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than
11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE
Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the
journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting edge
technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future.
We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and watch our discoveries in action on our YouTube channel.
Learn More About GE Healthcare – Life
Learn More About Careers at GE Healthcare – Life
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).