Aviation Business & General Aviation & Integrated Systems
Create production plans and own the Master Schedule and plans which allow the business to meet agreed goals. Analyse the production schedule, devise capacity plans and develop tools to measure organizational requirements. Co-ordinate the master schedule timings and inventory parameters with ERP/MRP output. Lead and support the planning organization in the execution of the master schedule and plans.
· Conversion of MPS master schedule at deliverable level, into a production plan at all levels of the BOM
· Work seamlessly across the functions to balance supply and demand to internal and external customers
· Highlight and drive the team to proactively work capacity constraints preventing us satisfying the customer
· Work collaboratively with procurement driving focus on potential direct deliverable shortages
· Own and update part master data, including but not limited to; time fences, batching, ABC classification, lead time, yield, attrition and safety stock
· Drive MRP stability improvements
· Participate lean and efficiency projects within Planning organisation
· Deputise for Lead Planner
· Advanced user of MS Excel
· Competent using MS office software
· Detailed understanding of MRP/ERP systems
· A degree level qualification in a relevant discipline or similar or equivalent knowledge and experience would be an advantage but is not essential
· The successful candidate will be a motivated and enthusiastic individual with excellent communication, interpersonal and prioritization skills
· They can work in a fast paced environment and having knowledge of, or exposure to a similar planning environment would be beneficial, as would knowledge of Six Sigma, change management and lean methodologies
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit theUK Border Agency website .
· APICS certified or equivalent accreditation
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and establish effective work priorities
· Prior competence in production control or planning, supervision, sourcing or material control environment desirable
· Ability to work effectively in all environments
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
AtGE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of
ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us onTwitter , join ourLinkedIn Group or become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .