Job Description SummaryAs an Operations Leader at Metem a GE Power Business, you will manage a team of individuals in precision cooling hole manufacturing for power generation and aerospace industries to enable engines to run more efficiently. You will be expected to make business critical decisions in a timely manner while demonstrating leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for your team.
- Provide direction to support needs of daily production plans, including manpower, work assignments, scheduling of overtime, and training
- Drive daily schedule attainment to meet all internal and external customer commitments with top quality at the lowest cost, implement a strategy to reduce cycle times and reduce in-process inventory levels
- Drive business critical metrics including safety, quality and productivity
- Work with cross-functional peers in manufacturing engineering, planning, quality, etc. to resolve issues
- Manage fulfillment / output consistent with the goals and objectives of the department
- Arrange for adequate staffing to meet the production schedules set by production planning and consistent with the operating plan
- Develop and support the growth of all employees and maintain a performance oriented work environment encompassing timely performance appraisals, reviews for new employees, and timely disciplinary action when warranted
- Participation in Lean events and drive continuous improvement projects with team and throughout the site.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college and 2 years of experience in manufacturing, industrial, or related experience or a high school diploma/GED with at least 4 years of experience in manufacturing, industrial, or related experience
- Must be US Person for Export Control requirements
- Preferred Leadership Experience in Production or Operations Supervision
- Desire to work in a challenging and dynamic manufacturing environment
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Ability to deal fairly and equitably with all employees
- Demonstrated ability to plan, communicate and execute
- Strong organizational skills and high attentional to detail
- Demonstrated integrity - accept and adhere to high ethical, moral and personal values in decisions, communications, actions and when dealing with others
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE requires U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you receive an approved medical or religious accommodation. Proof of vaccination will be required.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes