On Wing Support Technician - Heathrow OR Stansted
Stansted / Heathrow
Aviation Supply Chain
The On Wing Support Technician will provide quick-turn aircraft engine maintenance on wing, repair and field services. In this role, you will provide engine troubleshooting, field repairs, and line maintenance while developing positive relationships with customers through outstanding customer awareness.
We may not have a specific job for you today, but we’re always looking for experienced people.. As openings become available, you may be contacted to discuss opportunities.
· Takes ownership for and follows through on full scope of work tasks and projects, approaches work with a "can-do" attitude and a sense of commitment to both team and customer objectives.
· Working within a Team environment, repairing Aircraft Engines either within the shop environment, at a customer’s facility or at an Airport Location.
· Being able to work to tight deadlines on Quick Turn Engine repairs which could involve the replacement of Modules, Top Case Repairs Borescope/Boreblending and Service Bulletin implementation.
· Have flexibility to travel to job sites with very little notice on AOG support.
· The Candidate will have had a Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship or equivalent knowledge and experience
· Will ideally have proven experience from within the Aviation Industry working with Commercial Aviation Engine Repair, and associated processes, including LRU Removal/Installation and Engine Borescope/Boroblend. Candidates who possess skills from a similar mechanical background i.e. Automotive, Train Transportation etc. will be considered for this role.
· Demonstrable experience of providing services within a high quality, highly regulated and customer facing environment.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
· Approach work with a “can-do” attitude and a sense of commitment to both team and customer objectives
· Strong communication skills and problem solving ability are a must
· Possess a desire to learn and grow with advances in technology
· GE90, CFM, CF6, CF34, and GENX experience
· Line maintenance, engine changes, module removal & installation, or LRU removals and installations
· Demonstrated quality, compliance and customer satisfaction skills
· Experience in repair of large commercial engines
AtGE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
Here are some other vacancies your might like
About General Electric
Inventer le monde industriel de demain, telle est la motivation de General Electric.
Multinationale de renom, GE est leader dans les secteurs énergie et transports dont les activités se répartissent entre GE Energy Infrastructure, GE Technology Infrastructure, GE Capital, GE Consumer & Industrial et NBC Universal. Doté d'importants pôles de recherche, General Electric met donc à profit son savoir-faire et ses connaissance afin produire de l'énergie, bâtir, faciliter les déplacement et améliorer les soins à travers le monde.
GE couvre un large de panel de métiers, niveaux et compétences à travers des fonctions d'ingénierie, marketing, santé, finance, logistique, communication, business développement etc. De ce fait, les offres du simple stage au CDI ne manquent pas en France, notamment sur les sites de Buc et Velizy Villacoublay, près de Paris.
La société offre des voies professionnelles multiples et intéressantes d'un point de vue rémunération, cadre de travail et challenges pour de jeunes stagiaires ou alternants souhaitant mettre à profit leurs compétences au sein d'une entreprise au service de tous pour inventer les solutions de demain.
Rejoignez GE pour construire votre parcours ensemble.