On-Site Services (OSS) - Winder
Power Power Services
In this position, you will:
• Perform complicated operations involving dismantling, rewinding, repairing, reassembling and testing on large or more complicated AC and DC equipment such as motors, generators, turbine generator stators and fields, rotary converters, transformers, and regulators
The Winder will be part of the On-Site Repairs Services Organization.
Dismantle and make repairs to large commutators and collector rings
• Perform related duties and direct others as assigned, ensuring safe execution and adherence to EHS & quality control always
• Travel globally as required to support customer outages
• Hold a full UK Driving Licence
• Hold a Passport with a minimum of 3 years before expiry
• Previous experience of performing testing / inspection; repairs (re-wedge, rewind, and high voltage bushing) of generators in excess of 80 Megawatts
• Previous experience of performing disassembly / reassembly work on large generators in either industrial or utility power plants
• Previous experience with large scale electrical components such as transformers, motors and generators and the ability to support Electrical testing work on nuclear sites as required
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
• HNC in Engineering or Production control
• Accomplished skills in their trade with experience on Power Generation equipment, GE Generator experience would be an advantage
• Computer literate, Word, Excel and e-mail
• Ability to communicate in English
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world’s largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
Here are some other vacancies your might like
About General Electric
Inventer le monde industriel de demain, telle est la motivation de General Electric.
Multinationale de renom, GE est leader dans les secteurs énergie et transports dont les activités se répartissent entre GE Energy Infrastructure, GE Technology Infrastructure, GE Capital, GE Consumer & Industrial et NBC Universal. Doté d'importants pôles de recherche, General Electric met donc à profit son savoir-faire et ses connaissance afin produire de l'énergie, bâtir, faciliter les déplacement et améliorer les soins à travers le monde.
GE couvre un large de panel de métiers, niveaux et compétences à travers des fonctions d'ingénierie, marketing, santé, finance, logistique, communication, business développement etc. De ce fait, les offres du simple stage au CDI ne manquent pas en France, notamment sur les sites de Buc et Velizy Villacoublay, près de Paris.
La société offre des voies professionnelles multiples et intéressantes d'un point de vue rémunération, cadre de travail et challenges pour de jeunes stagiaires ou alternants souhaitant mettre à profit leurs compétences au sein d'une entreprise au service de tous pour inventer les solutions de demain.
Rejoignez GE pour construire votre parcours ensemble.