NPI Test Equipment Engineer - Avionics
Aviation Avionics & Digital Systems
We are looking to recruit an Avionics NPI TE Engineer who will be responsible for the hardware design and development of test equipment, component specifying, test equipment commissioning and integration for Avionics product programmes. Working as part of an integrated team, you will produce test solutions for a wide range of Controlling and Display products from complex electronic assemblies to electro-mechanical systems
· Execute the Hardware design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned Test Equipment projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product program requirements
· Support the liaison with external suppliers to ensure the delivery of appropriate solutions to the standards required
· Generate documentation for the equipment from original requirements through to formal release procedures to enable on-going support of the equipment to take place
· Commission the equipment and support the verification, validation & integration of the equipment and units-under-test
· Ensuring equipment is taken into service by manufacturing in a timely manner
· Liaise with internal stakeholders to ensure the appropriate solutions are designed and delivered
· Work collaboratively on teams to address organizational initiatives
· Present in technical and program reviews
· Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks is consistent with engineering policies and procedures
· Bachelor of Science in Engineering or equivalent knowledge and experience
· Strong experience in an engineering position
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
· Experience working in Aviation or other high integrity environment
· Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
· Effective problem identification and solution skills
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Working knowledge of equipment wiring standards, CE regulations and other engineering industry standards
· Experience of fault finding and the interpretation of test results and diagnostics
· An understanding of programming languages such as C, C++ and LabView to support integration activities working alongside software engineers
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Here are some other vacancies your might like
About General Electric
Inventer le monde industriel de demain, telle est la motivation de General Electric.
Multinationale de renom, GE est leader dans les secteurs énergie et transports dont les activités se répartissent entre GE Energy Infrastructure, GE Technology Infrastructure, GE Capital, GE Consumer & Industrial et NBC Universal. Doté d'importants pôles de recherche, General Electric met donc à profit son savoir-faire et ses connaissance afin produire de l'énergie, bâtir, faciliter les déplacement et améliorer les soins à travers le monde.
GE couvre un large de panel de métiers, niveaux et compétences à travers des fonctions d'ingénierie, marketing, santé, finance, logistique, communication, business développement etc. De ce fait, les offres du simple stage au CDI ne manquent pas en France, notamment sur les sites de Buc et Velizy Villacoublay, près de Paris.
La société offre des voies professionnelles multiples et intéressantes d'un point de vue rémunération, cadre de travail et challenges pour de jeunes stagiaires ou alternants souhaitant mettre à profit leurs compétences au sein d'une entreprise au service de tous pour inventer les solutions de demain.
Rejoignez GE pour construire votre parcours ensemble.
2467 vacancies open at General Electric
- Jobs in London
- Engineering / Production Management jobs
- Engineering / Production Management jobs in London