Aviation Business & General Aviation & Integrated Systems
In this role as an NOR Technician you help create, maintain and repair the electronic components and equipment used in any equipment or device that involves electricity. You will sometimes work to keep machinery and specialty equipment running correctly.
In addition, as an NOR Technician this position will have a strong focus on electronics. You will also:
· Set up test equipment and test complex equipment using established procedures, schematics and applicable Engineering, Manufacturing, Component Maintenance Manuals, or other approved documentation.
· May include vibration & thermal cycle testing (based on assignment)
· Troubleshoot, layout, install, modification and maintenance of complex electronics equipment utilizing schematics and knowledge of the assigned technology, systems, and components
· Use associated tools, measuring and testing equipment; setup test stand and manipulate the software to work with the control
· Perform tests of various types according to engineering documentation and knowledge of electrical and mechanical principles
· Create appropriate documentation when needed
· Interact with internal and external customers as needed
· Accept independent responsibility for compliance to Environment, Health and Safety
Flow back and forth between projects while maintaining departmental quality standards
· Associate degree in electronics or industrial electronics related field from an accredited college or equivalent military education/training in electronics
· Programming ability using Microsoft C or Visual Basic
Demonstrated experience in maintenance and troubleshooting of electronics
· Demonstrated ability in reading and interpretation of electrical schematics
· Basic knowledge of electronic / electrical theory
· Good manual dexterity; to work with hand tools, test equipment and computers
· Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
· Flexible under changing conditions and with different tasks, responsibilities and people
· Self-motivated in learning and development of their skills
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.