Job Description SummaryManage and perform all required inspections, test machine calibration, and evaluations in immersion ultrasonics, eddy current, contact ultrasonic, radiography, and liquid penetrant. Ensure all equipment, personnel, and planning is maintained in a condition of proficient operation and quality compliance. Assist in fixture development and enhancement. Also act as liaison between ACSC and QTC. Create and maintain techniques, planning, scan plans, programming, equipment, supplies, and software quality assurance as necessary. Provide classroom and on-the-job training of inspectors. Act as certifying agent for Immersion and Contact UT. Acquire and maintain skills as well as certification capability in UT to accomplish production and quality requirements to support ACSC production needs. Perform process improvement initiatives to improve productivity, part flow and quality.
- Demonstrate current capability (as described in QCWI AC-179) to perform as a certified inspector in the appropriate discipline described below. This will be assessed by testing or review of previous tests that have met the requirement of NAS 410
- Level 2 in Ultrasonic
- Level 2 in Eddy Current
- Level 2 in Radiography
- Obtain and maintain Level III certification in the appropriate discipline
- Pass the eye test requirements per NAS410
- Proficient in the use and maintenance of current NDT equipment in NDT lab including the ability to troubleshoot process problems including basic equipment troubleshooting and ability to perform basic preventative maintenance
- Experience in establishing process parameters that may include CNC programming of equipment.
- Experience in setting up equipment, fixtures and parts for inspection including sound material and chemical handling practices and calibrating equipment to known standards
- Demonstrate leadership and teaming skills in dealing with peers and outside support groups. This includes the ability to work with minimal supervision and the ability to provide technical work direction and to train others
- Must be capable of identifying and obtaining materials needed for performance of work in assigned area and be able to interface with material and equipment suppliers in reference to them
- Must pass outside certification to become a certifying agent in the appropriate discipline
- Proficient in the use of shop math as necessary, including fractions, and decimals
- High school diploma, or GED
- Experience operating material handling and lifting devices, including ability to obtain forklift license as required
- Possess understanding of repair process and service induced discontinuities related to aviation hardware overhauled or repaired
- Experienced in reading, interpreting, and working from shop manuals, sketches, blueprints, standard practice manuals, service bulletins and verbal instructions
- Experience with basic use of computers, applications, and keyboarding (e.g. email, Microsoft Excel, etc.)
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No