Job Description SummaryThe Biomed modality forms a key strategic direction of the business with the successful candidate gaining visibility and driving direction of the modality and ultimately supporting growth. This person is responsible for evaluation, diagnosis and performing repair and planned maintenance execution and driving customer satisfaction through service excellence.
Key Responsibilities/essential functions include:
- Evaluate complex, customer biomedical equipment issues, implement appropriate repairs; perform planned maintenance (PM), safety and environmental inspections and maintain effective customer relations. Follow as well as guide others as needed regarding appropriate GE policies, procedures, hospital protocol and complete necessary documentation.
- Maintain daily communications with customers as directed, to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction. As instructed, implement GE / customer facility contract, supporting business goals and objectives.
- May assist more and less experienced technicians on basic and more complex repairs /resolution respectively. Work as a member of local team to provide efficient service delivery to all accounts within assigned area. When trained, share on-call / pager responsibility.
- Document all repair actions and submit reports/summaries according to schedule. Ensure proper care of spares, tools and test equipment and ensure calibration. Enhance and maintain technical knowledge of current standards, codes and procedures regarding safe and effective use of medical equipment through formal instruction.
Quality Specific Goals:
- Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
- Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines. Identify and report any and all customer quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization
- Identify and report any personal quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization
- Insure timely dispatch closure
- Insure completion of all field modifications instructions (FMI’s) within prescribed timeframe
- Participate in continuous improvement activities by identifying and appropriately escalating process and product quality gaps, providing solutions when possible
- Incident/datex capture and reporting
Qualifications / Requirements :
- Qualified Technician/ Engineer or equivalent professional experience in medical devices, advantage: relevant Field Service experience
- Minimum of an HNC/HND in Electronics or Mechanical Principles
- Knowledge/experience with the healthcare industry
- Fluency in English
- Valid driving license, active driving experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Excellent computer skills, Networking ability
- Strong customer-service skills
- Ability to stay calm in pressurized situations and coach people through solving problems
- Highly motivated team-player
- Ability to drive improvements in efficiency
- High work standards and quality
- Plans and organizes work effectively, self-motivated
Inclusion and Diversity
GE Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No