Mechanical Design Engineer - Avionics
Aviation Avionics & Digital Systems
An opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Design Engineer within the Avionics business.
This position is required to meet increased demand for mechanical engineering support on existing and new projects. The team is responsible for the mechanical design of electronic equipment for aerospace applications. In this role you will utilise your knowledge in mechanical engineering to design, develop and support electronic equipment as part of a multidisciplinary project team.
The Mechanical Design Engineer provides engineering input and assistance to the project team in order to meet assigned objectives. In this role you will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short term planning.
· Execute the design and support of assigned products, assemblies or components that meet business standards and program/product requirements.
· Provide technical leadership to personnel/ cross functional teams supporting the assigned project.
· The creation of technical data for assigned projects and/or tasks, e.g. part and assembly drawings, parts lists, weight management plans, tolerance analysis, definition of materials and finishes.
· Develop action plans with guidance to respond to issues/ problems.
· Assure proper documentation and release of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
· Lead or participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues
· Recommend, with guidance, the approach to meet the technical and program requirements
· Participate in and/or present at technical and program reviews.
· Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
· Share engineering information and promote open dialogue.
· Investigate design cost reduction and productivity improvements.
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma/GED) or equivalent knowledge and experience
· Substantial experience in Mechanical Engineering including experience in anMechanical Engineering position.
· Experience in the use of MCAD modelling and drawing creation.
· Conversant with relevant drawing standards.
· Experience in the physical design of assemblies and components with good problem solving and solution building skills.
· An understanding of designing for cost, quality.
· Competent in the use of MS Office suite of software.
· Ability to work well within a team environment.
· Ability to own tasks, show initiative and work with minimal supervision.
· Good written and verbal communication skills.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
· Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
· Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
· Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
· Effective problem identification and solution skills.
· Proven analytical and organizational ability.
· Experience with Siemens NX and Teamcenter or another 3D MCAD tool.
· Experience in an aerospace development environment however experience in other industry sectors will be considered.
· Knowledge in the application of tolerance analysis, GDT.
· Knowledge of materials and finishes as appropriate to aerospace equipment.
· Knowledge of manufacturing techniques and process for electronic products.
· Ability to estimate and manage own workload on tasks.
· Willing to extend work hours on occasion to suit project demand.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
About General Electric
Inventer le monde industriel de demain, telle est la motivation de General Electric.
Multinationale de renom, GE est leader dans les secteurs énergie et transports dont les activités se répartissent entre GE Energy Infrastructure, GE Technology Infrastructure, GE Capital, GE Consumer & Industrial et NBC Universal. Doté d'importants pôles de recherche, General Electric met donc à profit son savoir-faire et ses connaissance afin produire de l'énergie, bâtir, faciliter les déplacement et améliorer les soins à travers le monde.
GE couvre un large de panel de métiers, niveaux et compétences à travers des fonctions d'ingénierie, marketing, santé, finance, logistique, communication, business développement etc. De ce fait, les offres du simple stage au CDI ne manquent pas en France, notamment sur les sites de Buc et Velizy Villacoublay, près de Paris.
La société offre des voies professionnelles multiples et intéressantes d'un point de vue rémunération, cadre de travail et challenges pour de jeunes stagiaires ou alternants souhaitant mettre à profit leurs compétences au sein d'une entreprise au service de tous pour inventer les solutions de demain.
Rejoignez GE pour construire votre parcours ensemble.