GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Oilfield Equipment
Manufacturing Engineer to provide dedicated technical support to a nominated production line within the Nailsea manufacturing facility. Successful candidates should expect to work in a fast-paced, production environment, providing quick & effective solutions to daily production issues. They will provide reactive support for production process issues, Investigations, & contribute to longer-term process improvements to drive productivity.
· Act as the main focal between engineering and manufacturing to support Design for Manufacture
· Own and be accountable for manufacturing engineering activities in cost of poor quality (COPQ) projects and product yield improvements.
· Take ownership when investigating performance issues to root cause and implementing solutions, proof of validation of solutions, in line with customer expectations.
· Responsible for the containment of work in progress. Take action to minimize impact to yield, COPQ, communicate potential yield loss/ delivery impact cross functionally.
· Organize and own actions of material review board, work cross functionally with Quality and drive actions to deliver in line with customer expectations.
· Continually and effectively communicate on progress of workload to help maintain team cohesion in this agile environment.
· Ensure lessons learnt are communicated and documented cross functionally.
· Take ownership and responsibility of documentation.
· Responsible for the development of assembly processes and procedures.
· Process Mapping activities to identify manufacturing risks and optimize build/test processes
· Engineering degree or relevant experienced Manufacturing Engineer. Must have an excellent level of understanding of electromechanical assembly and interactions. Strong analytical & problem-solving skills, data analysis.
· Knowledge of Six Sigma Lean techniques, ERP & Quality Management System.
· Excellent level of understanding of process and design. Demonstrate a commitment to process improvement. Strong background and understanding of Engineering drawings/specifications, and manufacturing process planning/evaluation.
· Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and manage priorities effectively. Engage cross functional teams, shop floor and Technology. The candidate must demonstrate excellent team working skills, strong inter-personal and excellent communication skills with report writing & presentations.
· Must manage own performance against agreed goal and project objectives, accountable for quality, on time delivery. Experience delivering projects on both small and large scales.
· Self-motivated, enthusiastic and a keen interest to learn, diplomatic and able to apply a high level of initiative. Display confidence in a fast-paced work environment, energy, passion & enthusiasm to drive change.
· Demonstrate excellent organisational skills
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Demonstrated ability to analyse and resolve problems
· Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects
· Experience of using Oracle software
· Lean / Six Sigma Green Belt desirable
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. We deploy minds and machines to enhance customer productivity, safety and environmental stewardship, while minimizing costs and risks at every step of the energy value chain. With operations in over 120 countries, we infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter@BHGECo , or visit us atBHGE.com .
Here are some other vacancies your might like
About General Electric
Inventer le monde industriel de demain, telle est la motivation de General Electric.
Multinationale de renom, GE est leader dans les secteurs énergie et transports dont les activités se répartissent entre GE Energy Infrastructure, GE Technology Infrastructure, GE Capital, GE Consumer & Industrial et NBC Universal. Doté d'importants pôles de recherche, General Electric met donc à profit son savoir-faire et ses connaissance afin produire de l'énergie, bâtir, faciliter les déplacement et améliorer les soins à travers le monde.
GE couvre un large de panel de métiers, niveaux et compétences à travers des fonctions d'ingénierie, marketing, santé, finance, logistique, communication, business développement etc. De ce fait, les offres du simple stage au CDI ne manquent pas en France, notamment sur les sites de Buc et Velizy Villacoublay, près de Paris.
La société offre des voies professionnelles multiples et intéressantes d'un point de vue rémunération, cadre de travail et challenges pour de jeunes stagiaires ou alternants souhaitant mettre à profit leurs compétences au sein d'une entreprise au service de tous pour inventer les solutions de demain.
Rejoignez GE pour construire votre parcours ensemble.