Job Description SummaryAll resources, and logistics required to perform services and maintenance activities on customers' site/property. These activities contribute to, maintain, repair and refurbish sold or existing products. Includes all types of maintenance service (preventive and remedial), manage maintenance facilities and field services engineering. Impacts departmental operations and responsible for planning/execution. The role has some autonomy but is focused on execution of activities within an operating discipline covered by standard functional practices and procedures. Some judgment may be required but this is typically with guidance.
Roles and Responsibilities
The purpose of this role is to manage all after sales activities including installations and servicing of GE Monitoring and Diagnostic products at customer sites and deliver quality onsite and remote support to customers.
In addition, in this role you will:
- Perform installation and service work on state of the art transformer monitoring equipment
- Manage installation projects, coordinating with various customer contacts and internal GE Sales and Service teams
- Perform troubleshooting and fault finding to Printed Circuit Board (PCB) level
- Liaise effectively with customers in job planning, execution, follow-up and sales support, and internally with engineering departments, manufacturing, and Sales team
- EHS Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Leadership, conduct field work in compliance with applicable regulations and ensure accurate employee safety practices
- Act as a primary technical resource for on-site work and lead in resolving engineering and product issues. Providing technical direction to skilled labor while performing work on customer sites and equipment to assure the executed work reflects the quality standards and attention to detail that maintains a professional image both customer and GE Energy
- Provide installation and service direction on-site and remotely, including repairs, replacements, and rebuilds, for a range of equipment vintages, sizes, and application types
- Provide both external and internal timely, accurate, professional reports
- Provide, audit, and implement quality control requirements for on-site repair and upgrades in compliance with Engineering and Product Department standards
- Lead schedule details, project milestones, manpower requirements, quality issues, and tools/equipment requirements to the appropriate individuals
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of experience in Job Family Group(s)/Function(s)).
- Minimum of 3 years of advanced experience in the Services & On Site Services.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Established project management skills.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE requires U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an employee is in a state where this requirement is temporarily paused for federal contractors. Proof of vaccination will be required.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No