Job Description Summary
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conceptual or theoretical activities relating to the science focused on the relations between heat and mechanical energy or work, and the conversion of one into the other: modern thermodynamics deals with the properties of systems for the description of which temperature is a necessary coordinate.
Includes Heat transfer that is the science on the exchange of thermal energy between physical systems, depending on the temperature and pressure, by dissipating heat.
- Developing in-depth knowledge of a technical discipline. Uses prior experience and acquired technical expertise to execute policy/strategy.
- In-depth understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. In-depth understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- Uses some level of judgment and has ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters but with guidance. Uses prior experience and on-the-job training to solve straightforward tasks. Has access to technical skills and analytic thinking required to solve problems. May use multiple internal sources outside of own team to arrive at decisions.
- A job at this level is likely to be an individual contributor with proven interpersonal skills or an early people leader who can hire and develop talent. Provides informal guidance to new team members
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Aerospace, or closely related ﬁeld of Engineering with at least 3 years of engineering experience.
- Advanced degree in Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering related to heat transfer or ﬂuid mechanics preferred
- Flexible and friendly approach to working in teams.
- Prior experience in the fundamentals of thermodynamics, heat transfer, and compressible ﬂows.
- Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems.
- Experience with ﬂuid ﬂow & heat transfer analytical software and computer code.
- Effective in contributing in a structured, cross functional teamwork environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; established project management skills.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes