Healthcare Life Sciences
Within the GE Cell and Gene Therapy team we have a portfolio of sophisticated digital solutions including instrument control software, data analytics and a cloud-based Manufacturing Execution System to run cutting edge biological factories. The software we have developed helps our customers deliver incredible new treatments to cure cancer and fight many other devastating diseases.
· The IoT Software Engineer will help deliver this solution, implementing the interface between the equipment and the cloud software. Using a blend of high and low-level languages, they will implement both sides of APIs for devices with very different capabilities; From resource constrained microcontrollers posting simple temperature measurements all the way through to servers which aggregate an entire facility’s device data.
· Get “hands-on” with equipment to understand its capabilities, investigating with a range of technologies to bridge the gap between software and hardware.
· Build robust, high-quality software and software libraries which will be used to interface both our devices and third-party equipment to our REST APIs.
· Work alongside device software teams to integrate new code into their projects, potentially working within hard memory and processing power constraints.
· Contribute to our agile development process by capturing user stories, defining acceptance criteria and being an active participant in standups and retrospectives.
· Follow modern software engineering best-practice: collaborative distributed coding with branching version control, continuous integration and deployment.
· Drive world-class quality in the development and support of our products in accordance with our ISO9001 Quality Management System and the principals of GAMP5 Good Manufacturing Practice.
· Strong STEM Degree or equivalent knowledge or experience.
· Demonstrable experience in one or more of: C#, Python, Ruby, C, C++ or Java.
· Fluent English.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working
· In-depth knowledge of C#, Python or C++.
· Experience developing a solution working across different platforms and languages, especially if centred around an IoT device.
· Understand technical details of writing API consumers, particularly around building in resilience to errors and networking outages.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients.
Learn More About Careers at GE
Learn More About GE Healthcare
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us onTwitter , join ourLinkedIn Group or become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .