Job Description SummaryDrives initiatives to improve the effectiveness of the Engineering function and interfaces with other functions to provide effective coordination of metrics, dashboards, functional processes, and cross-functional initiative coordination. Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team. Executes standard operational/technical tasks typically subject to instructions and work routines. There is latitude to rearrange the sequence to complete task/duties based on changing work situations.
- Explore, recommend, and/or develop new inspection technologies and methods to improve shops inspection capability and efficiency.
- Develop CMM or other inspection programs for product scanning and repair development trials to support NPI development and delivery.
- Set-up and develop CMM or other inspection solutions to provide dimensional correlation and/or verification of product characteristics or new tooling designs.
- Engage externally to maintain currency with current market inspection technologies and applications. Qualification of inspection systems for production needs.
- Establish process and equipment controls to ensure inspection system accuracy and reliability.
- To be the focal point of contact for feedback and problem issues on CMM software and hardware.
- Drive continuous improvement of inspection systems and processes in terms of accuracy, cycle time reduction & reliability.
- Management and coordination of CMM workloads across shops
- Develop and maintain written procedures for inspection system.
- Conduct training and certification of inspection personnel and/or engineers in the shop floors.
- Generate and outline project schedule to keep all stakeholders up-to-date promptly
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Production/Quality Control/ Metrology Engineering from an accredited university or college (or equivalent)
- At least 5 years hands-on relevant working experience in fast-paced production shop floor environment using Hexagon CMM.
- Excellent knowledge of PC-DMIS programming is essential.
- Good experience in mechanical drafting practices and a working knowledge of terms, rules, and applications of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- At least 3-4 years’ work experience in reading and interpreting aerospace blueprints and engineering specifications.
Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Prepared to be hands-on and work along with all levels
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Responsible, accountability and dependable of good work
- Team player; able to work across functions and coordinate actions with different departments
- Good time management and strong organizational skills, with ability to multi-task to meet deadlines and customer needs.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical skills
- Able to perform work under relatively stressful environment
Relocation Assistance Provided: No