GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy OffShore Wind
The Pitch System Mechanical Engineer is responsible for design requirements definition, design development, design documentation design validation and development of related simulation tools for of Haliade-X pitch system mechanical components.
He / She will work in the Engineering Rotor Team, focusing in pitch system mechanical components design while in cross-functional collaboration with other Haliade-X Engineering teams.
• Design requirements definition
Collect and document pitch system mechanical design requirements at both subsystem and component level in accordance with system level wind turbine product requirements to reach functionality, timing, cost and reliability targets across Haliade-X platform development roadmap
Transversally align, agree and specify interfaces with the surrounding components and systems owners focusing in optimum wind turbine system level performance
• Design development
Specify, design, calculate and validate pitch system mechanical components to meet the defined design requirements
The Pitch System Mechanical Engineer is responsible to issue all the requested documentation to support the design by passing the design reviews and applying the design guidelines. He / She is accountable of all related documentation required by other functions and suppliers to produce and integrate the components in the turbine. This includes supplier specifications, assembly drawings, design drawings, packaging instructions, transport instructions, preservation instructions, installation instructions, commissioning instructions, controls interface instructions and all related additional documentation in alignment with the defined design guidelines.
• Component Validation
The Pitch System Mechanical Engineer develops the Test & Validation strategy for structural components in alignment with the corresponding design guidelines and related design teams
• Component evolution design ownership
The Pitch System Mechanical Engineer is responsible of component design evolution and will be responsible of:
o Engineering design changes management
o Design non-conformities resolution
o Participate in the technological watch, actively promoting both the protection and the development of GE’s intellectual property.
• Design tools and methodologies
The Pitch System Mechanical Engineer shall lead and collaborate in design tools and methodologies development, correlation and certification. He/She is in charge to keep and promote within the team an updated view of the state of the art of pitch gearbox and pitch bearing specific design tools and calculation methodologies
• Engineering degree with a master in structural or mechanical design, from an accredited university
• Solid knowledge of structural design against ultimate and fatigue stress on steel structures as well as bolted connections.
• Solid knowledge of gears and actuators design tools and methodologies
• Solid knowledge of tools and methodologies for slew bearings design in wind industry or similar application
• Experience with mechanical CAD design tools (NX, Catia or similar)
• Experience with FEM design and calculation tools (Ansys, Abacus or similar)
• Mayor experience in mechanical components development including participation in creation of specifications, design, calculation and validation. Such experience shall come from wind industry or similar application
• Proven ability to coordinate transversal teams and suppliers during development and industrialization projects
• Used to work according to international codes, guidelines and standards for mechanical components and applications (ISO, IEC, DNV-GL…)
• Fluent in English (spoken and written)
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Availability to travel sporadically
• Positive mindset
If contracted in Spain:
Non-national candidates are responsible to know the minimum documentation requirements to be able to be contracted in country: NIE- Social Security Affiliation Number in Spain (NAF) and Bank Account in Spain. They must be in possession of them at the time of start hiring. GE will not sponsor this requirement.
• Experience in slew bearings and gearbox design and validation within wind industry
• Experience with systems simulation tools (i.e. Matlab, Simulink)
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com