Current & GE Lighting
Current & Lighting GE Lighting
The General Counsel demonstrates accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives for the GE Lighting business. In this role you will be responsible for leading a team of lawyers supporting commercial deals, providing advice, counsel, structuring and negotiation on transactions. This role also has responsibility for advising the business on anti-trust matters.
• Responsible for advising the business on all legal maters
• Partner with the commercial teams to evaluate deals and manage legal risks in customer agreements
• Structure, draft, review, and negotiate complex commercial agreements and transactions,
• Provide timely legal advice and risk assessments to internal business clients regarding commercial matters
• Collaborate with the commercial teams in driving profitable sales while mitigating risk in accordance with internal risk profiles
• Effectively interface with all functions of the business including Manufacturing, Program Management, Marketing, Engineering, Finance, and Legal
• Supervision and management of outside counsel as needed.
• Provide coaching to other attorneys in a wide variety of commercial law, marketing, compliance, and other matters.
• Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school with active bar membership, in good standing, in any US state and ability to gain admission to the Ohio Bar as in house counsel.
• 10+ years’ relevant legal work experience on commercial and anti-trust matters
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with proven ability to convey complex matters clearly and concisely; ability to tailor communications to varying audiences;
• Strong leadership, interpersonal and team work skills
• Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills and ability to understand, articulate and persuade on significant issues
• Demonstrated project management skills
GE Lighting: Bringing the Future to Light
We started with the light bulb, an invention that fulfilled the basic human desire to see and experience more of the world. Today, light still delivers on that promise. But, it does so much more.
At GE Lighting, we’re not just reinventing the light bulb. We’re reinventing the productivity, wellness and security that comes with it. We’re extending beyond the bulb to access new markets, we’re scaling smart and we’re leading in a world where lighting drives value in our homes from the socket to the switch to the smart phone…and the cloud in between.
Our innovators think bigger and bolder to deliver for our customers and transform spaces no one else has, and we’re using that grit to lead into the next 130 years, where new outcomes and opportunities are robust…yet still as simple as screwing in a light bulb.
GE Lighting. Bringing the Future to Light.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).