GE Summer Intern - Gas Power
Dubai, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES IT development
Job Description SummaryGE Gas Power
Welcome to tomorrow's energy—today!
Access to affordable, reliable, flexible, and sustainable power is fundamental to modern life. As the world is shifting towards a lower carbon future, GE Gas Power is ready to be your partner in leveraging the role of natural gas for powering the world today and tomorrow. GE’s foundations were laid by Thomas Edison nearly 130 years ago to provide innovative solutions for a wide range of critical problems around the world. GE’s deep-rooted culture serves as the backbone for every step we’ve taken at GE Gas Power. With more than 300,000 employees and operations in over 170 countries, GE employees reflect both the local communities we serve and the people with whom we do business.
Diversity at GE
We believe diversity makes us more competitive and creates value for our customers, shareholders, and employees. We believe in the value of each person’s unique identity, background, and experiences and are committed to fostering an inclusive culture, where everyone feels empowered to do their best work because they feel accepted, respected, and that they belong. By embracing diverse teams and perspectives, we are better equipped to build a world that works.
Our approach to diversity will be based on the following objectives:
• Our employees – to continue to strive to ensure that our workforce is as diverse as the communities we serve, while always upholding the importance of merit.
• Our workplace – to foster an inclusive culture that recognizes employees’ unique needs, helps them reach their full potential, and nurtures their diverse talents.
• Our community – to strive for diversity in suppliers and partners and engage with the communities in which we operate to support diversity.
Job Description Summary
The GE Internship Program is an investment in young talents where GE trains students who meet the required criteria to perform their internship program within a business function. Program duration up to 8 -10 weeks. The program will develop the general skills of the intern with on the job knowledge and experience.
During the program GE will provide assignments, projects & tasks that is related to his/her major where he/ she can develop Leadership Capabilities, communication skills and introduce him/her to the work environment.
- During the program GE will provide assignments, projects & tasks that is related to his/her major where the intern can develop Leadership Capabilities, communication skills and introduce him/her to the work environment.
- Partner with the proposal team in the development of proposals to meet customers’ and Sales/Operation/Commercial/Engineering/Production/ Information Technology team requirements.
- Learn more about Gas turbines, and the energy transition, while working with the Sales/Operation/Commercial/Engineering/Production/ Information Technology teams to develop potential solutions that GE can offer to customers.
- Work closely with the Sales/Operation/Commercial/Engineering/Production/ Information Technology teams to support development customer specific playbook across the Gulf region.
- Undergraduates’ studies from relevant departments.
- Active listener with good communication skills in English.
- Strong Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Proactive with high level of integrity.
- Strives to achieve Project goals and Customer satisfaction.
- A team player with the ability to communicate effectively with crosses functional teams.
- Displays willingness to work in harsh environments on as needed basis.
- Engineering business related departments Industrial, Production, Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related engineering and/or Business Administration, Marketing or relevant disciplines background preferred.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Able to coordinate many tasks concurrently.
- Record of achievement with a passion to achieve positive business results.
- Curiosity and desire to learn and expand skill set.
- Adaptable and open to change.
- Demonstrated EHS and Quality focus.
Additional Job Description
Relocation Assistance Provided: No