Corporate Global Research
Technical research internships at GE Research provide students the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience and get a critical jump start on a career in industrial research.
GE Research is looking for students pursuing technical degrees who have strong interest in working in our industrial research environment. At GE Research scientists, engineers, and technicians work to provide GE's businesses and strategic partners with technical innovations for their future generation products, processes and services.
· The internship opportunity helps students gain valuable hands-on experience and get a critical jump start on a career in industrial research
· Our interns work side by side with experts in the field
· completing challenging technical projects
· applying their theoretical knowledge to real-life technical problems
· and developing skills in a cutting edge global environment
· The program also includes seminars on cross-center technologies and soft skills development
· Opportunities for networking and showcasing project accomplishments are also part of the program
· Current enrollment in PhD program, seeking technical degree in Mechanical Engineering, Material Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Analytics, Physics or a related field in an accredited college or university
· Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY
· Must be 18 years or older
· Must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered
· Because of the specific categories of data handled by GE Research and the structure of our work environment, we are unable to accommodate employment of persons while they are considered nationals of embargoed countries subject to restriction under the US Export Administration Regulations (EAR), 15 CFR Section 746 et seq. (currently North Korea, Syria, Iran, Cuba, and Sudan).
· Please note that citizens of embargoed countries who have either “U.S. person” status under U.S. export control laws or subsequent citizenship from a non-embargoed country can be considered.
· Solid academic performance with technical research orientation
· Ability to adapt to change and willingness to be flexible in a global team environment
· Strong interpersonal skills, initiative and organization; demonstrated ability working with a team
· Strong problem solving skills, thorough attention to detail
GE rises to the challenge of building a world that works. For more than 125 years, GE has invented the future of industry, and today the company’s dedicated team, leading technology, and global reach and capabilities help the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE’s people are diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest level of integrity and focus to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for its customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).