GE is seeking sharp, personable, highly-organized interns who are looking for the opportunity to grow their technical and professional skills while building a career with unlimited potential. Interns will learn from the best in the industry and work on substantial projects with real world implications, getting hands-on with digital technologies.
We offer meaningful, impactful assignments as well as a Summer that includes team building, career development opportunities, and more! GE Digital Interns are GE’s primary pipeline to full-time employment opportunities as a direct hire. GE Digital Interns are hired to focus on a particular area within GE Digital based on availability of positions, the interviewer's assessment, and the applicant's preference. Focus areas for this internship will be in Grid – Software Solutions within Services and Engineering functions.
GE Digital intern assignments, typically 10 to 12 weeks in length, are dynamic and challenging based on the business needs and the type of work required. Interns have significant exposure to key Software and business leaders at GE; as well as a global internship support network to accelerate learning and development.
· Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree program at an accredited university or credentialed software accelerator program.
· Degree focused in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Software Engineering Power Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Informatics, Information Science/Technology, Management Information Systems, Security and Risk Analysis, or other relevant STEM majors
· Minimum cumulative or in-major 3.0/4.0 GPA.
· Must commit to working full time (40 hrs/wk) during the internship.
· Graduating between December 2020 or May 2021.
· Must be willing to work out of an office located in Atlanta, GA.
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
· Prior intern, co-op, or research experience in software, electrical engineering, power systems or relevant area.
· Leadership experience inside and/or outside the classroom.
· A strong commitment to a career in technology and passion/aptitude for both software and electrical engineering.
· Strong analytical and technical skills with experience in software industry standards and development tools.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to articulate clearly.
· Demonstrated creative problem solving and proactive learning.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
At GE, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines. We believe it’s about the future of industry—energy, healthcare, aviation, additive manufacturing. It’s about making the world work better.
As a GE Intern, some example assignments are Product/Project Management, Data Analytics, Information Security, Cyber Security, Application Architecture, Data Modeling, Web Applications, User Experience/Interaction Design, Cloud Technology, Software Development, or DBA (Oracle & SQL Server). GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).