Aviation Supply Chain
GE Aviation’s Welding Engineering Co-op’s/Interns gain broad exposure to varied areas of the Aircraft Engine and Aviation systems business. With our co-op/intern rotational program, students will work in a different area and at a different GE Aviation site each co-op/intern rotation to ensure optimal learning and diverse work experiences. Ultimately, you'll be placed taking your preferences into account while also considering your major, year of schooling, and business needs the time.
Welding Engineering roles in Supply Chain include cycle time reduction, product flow, workstation design and tooling, process improvement, quality, testing, material handling, environmental/health & safety and supplier support related to welding, brazing and heat treatment processes and technologies.
Engine Services roles provide the unique experience of working hands-on with the engine components and component repair processes, including welding. Most projects require constant interaction with engineering and customer support staff.
· Must have a minimum of 3.0 GPA (without rounding)
· Meet required degree of Welding Engineering or Material Science and Engineering major.
· Attending a full time matriculated and nationally accredited baccalaureate or graduate program
· Completed one full year of college (rising sophomore)
· Our positions require access to export controlled information. Due to that requirement, we need to ask are you one of the following: (1) U.S. Citizen or National; (2) U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident; (3) Person granted Refugee status in the United States; (4) Person granted Asylee status in the United States; (5) A Special Agricultural Worker under section 210 or (6) a beneficiary of legalization through an amnesty program under section 245A of the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act
· Reliable transportation
· Willing and available to work at one of the following locations: Evendale, OH; Dayton, OH; Wilmington, NC; Lynn, MA; Hooksett, NH; Terre Haute, IN
· Preferred Graduation Date: 2022 - 2023
· Strong commitment to career in engineering: design, manufacturing or production support
· An analytic approach to problem solving
· Strong knowledge of computer and Microsoft products
· Willingness and ability to learn from others
· Demonstrated leadership and a team player
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· One who strives for academic success
· Desire to work in a fast paced ever changing environment
· Ability to be agile as business needs change and shift frequently
· Work location: Evendale, OH; Dayton, OH; Wilmington, NC; Lynn, MA; Hooksett, NH; Terre Haute, IN
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE Aviation is a world-leading provider of commercial, military and business and general aviation jet and turboprop engines and components, along with avionics, electrical power and mechanical systems for aircraft.
At GE Aviation, we invent the future of flight, lift people up, and bring them home safely. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GE9X engines, driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, or unlocking new opportunities to grow and deliver more productivity, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to moving the aerospace industry forward. If you join us, you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us looking ahead.
At GE Aviation, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and cross-functionally with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. If you’re passionate about generating advances in aviation to solve some of the world’s toughest problems and are looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE Aviation as we rise to the challenge of building a world that works.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.