Job Description SummaryGE Aviation is hiring law clerks to begin employment Summer 2023. The law clerks work closely with legal and business professionals to deliver legal services to the business. This position will be a hands‐on experience, with opportunities for observation and assignments supporting numerous business and practice groups, including commercial operations, compliance, additive, labor & employment, litigation, intellectual property, military, systems, supply chain, government contracts, and government affairs.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse, and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. GE Aviation is the world's leading producer of aircraft propulsion systems and aero derivative turbine engines for application in the commercial, military, marine, and power generation markets.
• Support legal function as needed, potentially including reviewing or drafting corporate resolutions, contracts, amendments, motions, proposals, marketing materials, communications and disclosures
• Complete legal research and provide clear, concise summaries, both verbal and written
• Strong involvement in department initiatives
• Willingness to assume responsibilities consistent with department goals
• Current 1L in an accredited law school
• 3.0 GPA or greater (out of a 4.0 scale without rounding), which must be maintained throughout employment
• Must be able to work at GE Aviation’s Cincinnati, Ohio facility during the summer on a full-time basis, up to 40 hours per week
• Due to access to export-controlled information, you must be one of the following: (1) US Citizen or national; (2) US permanent resident; (3) Person granted refugee status; (4) Person granted asylee status or Beneficiary of legalization through an amnesty program, or (5) other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)).
• Top 10% of current class
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong legal research and writing skills
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks to meet deadlines
This is a paid position. Part-time employment may be offered through the school year at the discretion of GE.
Additional Job Description
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No