GE Gas Power
Gas Power Information Technology
GE is seeking sharp, personable, highly organized interns who are looking for the opportunity to grow their domain knowledge in the data field. Interns will engage in hands-on data projects while also enhancing their business and professional skills. Interns will learn from the best in the industry and work on substantial projects with real world implications, getting hands-on with digital technologies.
Candidates will join the summer internship program and will be working on one of the below assignments:
Data Governance Intern:
· Expand the Data Lineage and Metadata Management solution
· Build analytics to drive optimization and remove unused and duplicate data.
Platforms/Data Operations Intern:
· Explore new Cloud technologies
· Design solutions to implement and deploy new technologies
Power Data Portal Intern:
· One-stop shop for Data @ GE Gas Power – integrate certified analytics, how-to s, training and data access into a single portal.
· Must have one to two semesters left prior to graduation and be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or graduate program in an engineering discipline as listed below.
· Following majors accepted: Degree focused in Computer Science, Computer Engineering,
Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, IT Security,
Informatics, Information Science/Technology, Software Engineering, Security and
Risk Analysis, or other relevant STEM majors with IT experience.
· Must maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (without rounding).
· Must submit your application for employment through gecareers.com/campus interview to be considered
· Must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
· Must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
· Must be 18 years of age or older
· Must be able to develop and maintain good customer relationships
· Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver's license
· Must be willing to work in geographical area specified by the business
· Prior knowledge of SQL and Data modeling required.
· Prior experience with Tableau/other visualization tools, Talend/other ETL tools and/or Postgres/other databases preferred.
· Prior experience with Big Data technologies preferred.
· Prior intern, co-op, or research experience in software, IT or relevant area.
· Leadership experience inside and/or outside the classroom.
· A strong commitment to a career in technology and passion/aptitude for both software and information technology.
· Strong analytical and technical skills with experience in IT industry standards and development methodologies.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to articulate clearly.
· Demonstrated creative problem solving and proactive learning.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).