Aviation Digital League
This position is part of the Aviation Operating System (AOS) - Customer Fulfillment organization. Focused on OUR People, OUR Purpose, and OUR Job. The goal of AOS is to continue our journey to contemporize our business, while focusing skills, purpose, and culture on the continuous improvement of our key business processes that impact the performance of GE Aviation.
Are you looking to make a difference? Join AOS! In this position, you will be working cross functionally to:
· Understand the requirements needed to meet customer needs
· Propose scalable solutions to meet needs and obtain consensus from stakeholders
· Communicate recommendations and solutions across direct organization and with cross-functional partner organizations
· Review and suggest gaps in process that lead to hinderance to digital strategy
· Work with the Digital team to define adequate architecture and platform to support long term growth for the tools being developed
· Leads grooming, prioritizing, and maintaining a backlog of enhancements - Acts as a project leader in projects involving the business and other functions
· Work closely with the appropriate digital teams and the functional product owners for implementation
· Monitor team progress and drive accountability to agreed deliverables and breakthroughs
· Design and coordinate business user training on analytics
· Provide day to day support for end-users: troubleshoot issue and engage the appropriate team for resolution
· Provide general tool training and overview for new site adoptions
· Present product / program strategies, risks and recommendations to senior leaders
· Bachelor’s Degree in from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma/GED with strong experience in process improvement)
· Minimum of 3 years of professional experience
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills.
· Ability and willingness to travel, as required (up to 25%)
· Self-starter, proactive individual with excellent problem-solving skills
· Six Sigma /Lean certified or equivalent quality certification
· Knowledge of Aviation Systems – IMPACT, CAS, Oracle, etc
· Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to coordinate and motivate cross-functional teams of business executives, colleagues, IT professionals, and other key stakeholders toward common goals and objectives
· Ability to articulate responses in a concise manner and target the message based on the audience
· Customer focused, high energy and bold approach to issues
· Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks at any given time
· Established project management skills
· Demonstrated execution and effectiveness in a non-structured or changing environment
· Global experience – working across time zones, geographies and P&Ls
· Proficiency in data analytics and visualization technologies (e.g. SQL, Spotfire)
· Prior experience in operations, shop floor manufacturing, or functional roles
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
AtGE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we’re
manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation
teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that tackle some of the world’s toughest
problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our
culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber
talent, utilizing ground breaking technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination
products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality.
If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for
growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the
globe for generations to come.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).