GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy LM Wind Power
The Finishing Technician will perform a variety of tasks in the finishing process of the blade.
• Stretching at beginning of shift during team huddle.
• Gather supplies needed for the day.
• Continually communicate with co-workers in regard to the process and following work instructions.
• Use critical thinking skills to identify alternative solutions, conclusions or approach problems. These must be done while still following the work instructions.
• Un-regular schedule, intermittent tasks.
• Grinding blade to work instruction specifications
• Grind between quality marks and apply gelcoat via paint brush to designated locations.
• Matting to give blades a clean finish.
• Painting and Sanding
• Apply tape to edge of blade to avoid overspray of gel coat.
• Apply bag to the shelf of the blade.
• Apply filler/mud to the lead edge of the blade, then scrape of excess so all voids are filled.
• Turn the blade utilizing machine and all safety procedures.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Ability to lift of carry objects or materials up to 40 lbs
• Previous manufacturing experience
• Previous composite materials experience
• Must have strong communication skills.
• Must be able to stand/walk for long periods of time.
• Requires usage of respirator.
• Physical demands outlined in Job Analysis.
• Basic math skills
• Ability to operate basic hand tools
• Ability to operate power tools
• Ability to operate heavy machinery
• Computer literacy
• Use of hands for scraping and intricate detailing
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).