GE Gas Power
Gas Power Finance
The aim of the internship program is to provide students with the opportunity to gain real-life Finance work experience through a six-month rotational program in different finance functions at the GE Power Services. The selected candidate will have the chance to work in an international environment, support different financial functions to identify which area suits them best while managing key projects and challenges.
Teams / Areas:
· Controllership: account reconciliation, balance sheet analysis to highlight risks for
quarterly closing to make sure financials give the right information to stakeholders, change
management activities: such as business re-organization, LE changes, various IT projects (ERP
development) and external & internal audits.
· Financial planning and reporting activities, which includes working closely with operational
leaders and other finance teams to create a plan for headcount, functional cost, FX exposure,
inventory related items (such as logistics cost) and analyzing the results to make sure that Supply
Chain organization is meeting its commitments.
· Inventory related analytics, such as inventory valuation including FIFO and ICP,
Obsolescence calculation, inventory modification and scrap process ownership, inventory
surplus/deficit review and support internal/external audits.
· Standard costing / Sourcing related financial support and analytics, driving projects which
targeting a more transparent P&L reporting structure and create consistency across the
· OTR (orders to revenue) and inventory activities, such as sales order closeout due to
WIP/CTC review, unbilled shipment review, and credit invoice authorization.
· Finance IT team’s responsibility is the ERP Finance support of Alpha ERP. This includes
system support, report and data quality management by maintaining ERP setups, support
Operations when ERP needs to be tweaked to accommodate the delivery, financial support in
Alpha related projects with ERP design, development and setup activities.
· Lean – six sigma related activities: scoping, DMAIC phases (Define – Measure – Analyze –
Improve – Control), visioning, CTQ (Critical to Quality) metrics definition, as-is process mapping,
waste type identification and problem solving to deliver simple/complex project initiatives, testing,
training delivery. Practicing soft skills: presentations, decision making support, influencing and
· Ongoing studies (Finance/Accounting specialization preferred)
· Active student status (preferably for one more year)
· 24-40 hours per week working availability
· Fluency in English (additional Hungarian knowledge preferred)
· Strong user level MS office skills
· Ability to learn and adapt
· Analytical thinking
· Team player, communicates well
What we offer:
· Flexible time-schedule
· Flexible location (Budapest/ Veresegyház, fix or flexible desk)
· 6 months rotations in different finance areas, groups
· Leadership presence/exposure (CFO staff pitch out after rotation)
· Work with and learn from subject matter experts
· Wing to wing ownership on projects
· Opportunity to convert most talented interns to full time employees
· Thesis writing support
· Successful applicant will be legally eligible to enter into an employment relationship under the
laws of Hungary.)
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com