Boston, Connecticut, Cincinnati
GE Global Operations
Global Operations Supply Chain
Connecticut, Massachusetts, Ohio
This role will provide global governance for GE’s corporate facility management operations ensuring financial controls, budget accountability and contractor management. This role will support daily administrative operations of the facility including administration, space planning, landlord management, vendor and contractor management, site improvement and customer relations.
· Responsible for the Global Enterprise System (GES) Real Estate management system roll out strategy, and implementation and ongoing maintenance of key management information/metrics.
· Support operational framework development, simplification and standardization, ensuring localization and timely implementation.
· Support Managers with transactional data requirements, accountable for reporting compliance metrics and assisting with mitigation where required.
· Compile and distribute regional operational scorecards.
· Monitor and report on process cycle times, recommending and implementing improvements.
· Manage utilization surveys, analyzing data and producing space/cost metrics. Monitor/track regional rationalization progress, reporting to leadership on results.
· Assist in the development and implementation of global compliance initiatives.
· Assist in the preparation of plans for the allocation and utilization of space.
· Facilitates daily administration/facility duties to ensure office runs smoothly; including overseeing all outsourced administrative services such as mailroom, office equipment /maintenance, janitorial, landscaping, and conference center.
· Ensures that the provision and delivery of services meets the requirements and expectations of the customers.
· Coordinates with GE businesses on requirements and dealing with general premises/facilities queries, as well as office space.
· Develops and communicates all necessary reporting and documentation following GE policies.
· Leads supplier KPI (Key Performance Indicators) measurements and implementation of new technology to enhance service package to customers
· Utilizes Lean to continuously improve internal and outsourced performance of daily operations based on agreed service level agreements Manages relationships between customers and other service departments (IT, Sourcing and Vendors).
· Works effectively in teams participating in operation budget planning, meeting management, decision making etc.
· Provides support and leadership in the management of site emergencies.
· Assist Corporate Facility Leaders with budget review, allocation and analtyics
· Assist with management of Fieldglass system for corporate contingent workers
· Assist with reviews and approvals on global facility management budgets, purchase orders and invoices
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma/GED or equivalent with at least 4 years experience in a Properties, Finance, or Operations related field)
· Excel, advanced level
· Willingness and ability to travel up to 15% of the time
· Ability to communicate effectively face-to-face and remotely both inside and outside the organization
· Knowledge of commercial real estate practice in major regional markets is helpful
· Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, negotiation and interpersonal skills
· Proven ability to manage complex projects
· Proven ability to manage broker and other third party supplier relationships
· Demonstrated ability to utilize and understand financial models
· Execution oriented, thorough and analytical; strong, proactive problem solving skills
· Able to build strong, trusting, relationships and effectively influence and gain support for ideas; robust change management approach
· Decisive, able to effectively challenge, push back and drive change at global level
· Independent thinker, capable of identifying emerging issues, applying risk management experience in a fast-paced corporate environment
· Understanding of emerging/developing markets, diversity and cultural issues
Global Operations is GE’s multi-functional shared services. We operate worldwide, transfer knowledge and work with every GE business to make our company simpler, better and more customer-focused. Our culture promotes innovation, knowledge sharing, and collaboration in an open office environment that has leaders both sitting and working alongside their team. We’re looking for entrepreneurial problem-solvers who are passionate about exploring new, efficient ways of working, while gaining exposure across multiple industries. Join the team and help us deliver tomorrow’s GE, today.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).