GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Measurement & Controls
The Field Service Engineer will work closely with the GE Measurement & Sensing Field Service Manager to deliver MS field installations and applications across the GE Measurement & Sensing product lines for Flow, Gas & Moisture in UK and UK Offshore. Although this role is UK based, Europe and Global international travel may be required.
In this role you will be responsible for customer based field service applications, service excellence and the successful execution of all projects to programme, budget, quality and customer satisfaction
· Responsible for delivering field service applications and services excellence, to include product installation, validation, repair and maintenance applications, across GE Mesurement & Sensing for Flow, Gas & Moisture product lines. To be customer facing and focused on cradle to grave project ownership and delivery. To work with in-house service functions to deliver projects.
· To deliver MS services projects in a timely and cost efficient way and in accordance with agreed customer specifications and requirements, budgets, programme and to GE Quality standards.
· To ensure that services delivery is in accordance with appropriate specifications, standards and best practices to demonstrate product knowledge and expertise and to achieve the highest level of service quality to our customers
· To prepare quotes, scope of works and deliverables in support of sales bids and proposals.
· Plan, programme and schedule applications and services activities in line with customer expectations with clear and professional communications throughout.
· Manage service activities and deliver to required timeframes and scope and assess performance. Review working practices to develop a more efficient and cost effective way of working. Identify and implement continuous improvement projects and initiatives to increase productivity to reduce costs.
· Through the execution of field service applications, identify Variable Cost Productivity (VCP) initiatives and projects that will improve efficiency, increase productivity, reduce costs and increase profitability.
· Work with sales teams to identify product and service opportunities across the MS product range and to drive profitable growth.
· Work with the engineering and technology teams to develop product and service applications excellence to support aftermarket product sales, installations and to meet the expectations of our customers.
· Identify new business and service applications opportunities through service execution across market sectors including Oil & Gas, Chemical, Water and Pharmaceutical Industries
· Ensure Safety Policy adherence and ensure services are conducted in compliance with all HSE applicable regulations and employee and customer safety practices
· Ensure all operations are carried out in accordance with compliance policies and standard working practices
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma/GED with at least strong experience in a field service or maintenance position) or equivalent knowledge or experience
· Experience in undertaking field service applications covering Flow, Gas & Moisture product lines
· Demonstrated experience in driving FGM applications and services excellence
· Demonstrated experience in working in a Customer Focused Environment
· Demonstrated experience in managing all Stakeholders (internal and external). Must have excellent interpersonal skills
· Demonstrated experience working in a team-focused environment
· Demonstrated success in driving process improvement across the services and applications business
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including formal presentations
· Excellent analytical skills
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
· Offshore certified & Vantage Card holder
· Master’s Degree in engineering / scientific discipline (or Bachelor’s degree with at least strong experience in a field service or maintenance position) or equivalent knowledge or experience
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield
products, services and digital solutions. We deploy minds and machines to enhance customer productivity, safety
and environmental stewardship, while minimizing costs and risks at every step of the energy value chain. With
operations in over 120 countries, we infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing
smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twittertarget=”_blank”>@BHGECo , or visit us atBHGE.com .