GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Oilfield Equipment
Australia, Papua New Guinea
This position will be on a FIFO basis of four weeks on and four weeks off to PNG. The Field Service Technician will perform duties in the installation, repair, removal, and maintenance of wellhead equipment on customer well sites within the geographical area of assignment.
This includes but is not limited to operation, installation, and / or maintenance of company equipment (Wellheads, Valves, Specialty Connections & Piping, Production trees, Chokes, etc.).
· Interfacing between all functions of the company and our customers concerning technical, operational & HSE challenges as applicable to any assignment;
· Mentorship, development & guidance of less experienced peers;
· Prepare reports for Field Service jobs;
· Install, repair, and maintain equipment at the well site;
· Perform valve repair, valve lubrication, and wellhead upgrading;
· Repair, assemble, test and maintain tools and customer equipment on-shore base;
· Organize, select, arrange shipment of and receive tools and equipment;
· Maintain all BHGE property, including truck, service tools, and computer equipment in a clean and ready state;
· Process service tickets and perform administrative functions relating to well records;
· Maintain inventory levels of spare parts for service and rental tools;
· Complete pre-job plan- JAMs and JMPs, ensure procedures and JSAs are carried out for all jobs;
· Promote and perform any field service oriented sales and maintain a confident customer relationship for the company;
· Comply with all applicable quality, health, safety and environmental regulations;
· Service reports, timesheets, job debriefs and tooling tracking;
· Highlight and demonstrate a full understanding of BHGE Q/HSE procedures;
Perform other related duties as assigned by management or indicated by responsibilities.
· Ability to understand and implement mechanical drawings;
· Experience in the installation and repair of flanged well head systems
· Able to confidently run and set , casing slips, and various types of hangers
Field repairs to gate valves, and other misc well head equipment
· Working knowledge of RB2 Lubricator – set and unsetting of BPV/TWC
· Working Knowledge of VR plug removal tool
· Understanding and use of 10k
· Pressure testing pump unit.
· Reasonable written and verbal communication and
· Sound computer knowledge.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Papua New Guinea