Description de l'offre
GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Measurement & Controls
To further expand our capability of serving our customer faster, an opportunity has risen for a Field Service Engineer to support our installed base of Radiography Systems in the UK.
· Execution of on-site service, troubleshooting, preventive maintenance and system calibration.
· Local commissioning & installation of Radiography Systems
· Leading installation & commissioning teams at customer sites
· Provide technical consultancy in service products, and actively generating sales opportunities at customer sites to upsell on our equipment i.e. upgrades etc.
· Able to perform software updates/backups
· Provide technical support via remote connection or phone to customer and colleagues
· Deliver reports and output documents within defined time and in good quality after job execution
· Preparation and execution of customer training where required
· Assistance in the preparation of offers/quotations and assistance in the preparation of complex service contracts
· Have an interdependent culture with regards to HSE
· Actively support in quality management by providing feedback relating to our products in field back to them
· Assist in ensuring the inventory of spares are at a safe level
· Development and continuous improvement of work instructions, training documentation & processes to ensure operational excellence
· Graduate in Mechanical Engineering and/or Electrical/Electronic Engineering, or equivalent knowledge or work experience
· Possess proven experience as field service technician or engineer in software, maintenance and repair or equivalent knowledge and experience
· Experience in the use of electronic measuring instruments i.e. multimeters & radiation monitors
· Knowledge of analog and digital technology
· Ideal experience with X-ray and/or digital imaging technology
· Strong analytical thinking and conceptual approach
· Excellent problem-solving skills and able to articulate issues by breaking them down to bite size chunks to elaborate on the method used to resolve it
· PC hardware/software skills. Basic knowledge of IT network technology
· Strong customer focus and a passion for service
· Fluent English
· Good knowledge of MS Office applications
· Teamwork and a self-starter, ability to work independently
· Willingness to travel and stay away from home
Open date: 1/11/2018
Close date: 30/11/2018
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labor Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working.
· Valid radiography safety certification
· NDT RT Level I or above holder
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Proven analytical and quality improvement ability
· Able to interface at all levels of the organization both internally and externally
· Organizing & Executing: Focuses, monitors, and maintains high standards for quality, customer needs, and satisfaction. Takes initiative, acts with confidence, and executes in a systematic way. Takes responsibility for actions and people and consistently achieves project goals.
· Communication: Expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly and fluently. Makes presentations and undertakes public speaking with skill and confidence, projecting credibility.
BHGE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, BHGE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
BHGE fuels the future. We push the boundaries of technology to bring energy to the world. We are inventing the next industrial era in the oil and gas sector. In our labs and factories, and in the field, we constantly push the boundaries of technology to solve today’s toughest operational & commercial challenges. We have the skills, knowledge and technical expertise to bring together the physical and digital worlds to fuel the future.
BHGE is a “fullstream” company, working from exploration and production to downstream. A $19 billion leader designed for a world of complex resources. The deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more BHGE can help.
Through project management expertise and technology innovation, we work to help lower costs, make things faster, simpler and more productive for our customers.
We go where you go and operate side-by-side in 120 countries. The closer we are to our customers, the quicker we can anticipate and solve their challenges.
We’re at work today, to ensure the next generation is equipped and empowered to go further and deeper, helping to fuel the future.
BHGE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!