GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Measurement & Controls
Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician to be based at our Leicester manufacturing facility. Successful candidates should expect to:
· Work in a fast-paced, customer focused environment
· Drive plant availability through ensuring all PPM’s, reactive maintenance, engineering and process improvements are carried out and implemented in a timely manner
· Drive best practice daily through high standards of engineering, compliance and HS&E standards
Own the equipment maintenance activities as part of a multi-discipline and cross-functional team including:
· Perform maintenance/repairs to machinery and undertake maintenance inspections in a safe manner
· Support manufacturing by reducing equipment downtime through preventative maintenance, reactive maintenance and quick response to emergency fault situations
· Daily accountabilities measured through KPIs
· Deliver continuous improvements from initial change management through to project completion
· Using root cause analysis / analytical problem solving
· Provide support to Operations & Engineering to reduce mean time between failure and improve line reliability
· Conduct stock checks and auditing
· Time served Technical Apprenticeship with experience in a multi-discipline role
· Electronic / Electrical engineering qualification NVQ Level 3 minimum
· Mechanical engineering qualification desirable
· Process minded with experience within an industrial maintenance role utilizing Computerized Maintenance Management Systems
· Good verbal and written communicator
· Drive and determination to succeed in any given task with a flexible hands on approach
· Team player; willing to assist with achieving company goals & objectives
· Pro-active; can work effectively under own initiative
· Organized; able to plan and prioritize work effectively
· Self-determination and drive to learn and succeed
· Strong organizational and planning ability
· Logical, methodical thinker and problem solver
· Flexible attitude to work
· Conscientious and self sufficient
· Ability to interpret moderately complex data and system diagrams
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
· Experience with pressure systems & technologies
· Experience with Electron Beam Welders & vacuum systems
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter@BHGECo , or visit us atBHGE.com .
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
Here are some other vacancies your might like
About General Electric
Inventer le monde industriel de demain, telle est la motivation de General Electric.
Multinationale de renom, GE est leader dans les secteurs énergie et transports dont les activités se répartissent entre GE Energy Infrastructure, GE Technology Infrastructure, GE Capital, GE Consumer & Industrial et NBC Universal. Doté d'importants pôles de recherche, General Electric met donc à profit son savoir-faire et ses connaissance afin produire de l'énergie, bâtir, faciliter les déplacement et améliorer les soins à travers le monde.
GE couvre un large de panel de métiers, niveaux et compétences à travers des fonctions d'ingénierie, marketing, santé, finance, logistique, communication, business développement etc. De ce fait, les offres du simple stage au CDI ne manquent pas en France, notamment sur les sites de Buc et Velizy Villacoublay, près de Paris.
La société offre des voies professionnelles multiples et intéressantes d'un point de vue rémunération, cadre de travail et challenges pour de jeunes stagiaires ou alternants souhaitant mettre à profit leurs compétences au sein d'une entreprise au service de tous pour inventer les solutions de demain.
Rejoignez GE pour construire votre parcours ensemble.