Job Description SummaryThe Maintainability and Testability Engineer will be responsible for assessing the avionics flight product maintainability and testability (Built-in-Test) capability, working with the design teams to provide feedback, developing and negotiating the optimized M&T solution and performing verification via analysis and test to ensure the product enters service with mature fault detection, fault isolation and maintainability characteristics. This will include understanding component technologies, component failure mechanisms, design of electronic circuits, and the functions, interactions and performance of the integrated product system (hardware and software). This entry level position will include opportunities for training and collaboration with a mentor to develop the understanding of component technologies, component failure mechanisms, design of electronic circuits, associated standards and processes, and the functions, interactions and performance of the integrated product system (hardware and software).
· Develop product fault detection, isolation and maintenance concepts including product system level requirements to support the product safety, maintenance and repair objectives
· Assess product testability including performing fault detection and isolation analyses in accordance with industry standards (e.g. ARINC 604, ARINC 847, MIL-HDBK-1814A, MIL-HDBK-2165)
· Assess product maintainability and repairability by performing Maintainability assessments in accordance with industry standards (e.g. MIL-STD-1472G, MIL-HDBK-470A, MIL-HDBK-472)
· Develop Built-in-Test (BIT) plans and procedures, perform verification (via test and fault insertion) and develop associated test reports
· Collaborating with the Hardware, Software, Systems, Safety, Test and Manufacturing teams to identify risks, implement corrective actions and optimize the M&T capability of the product
· Contributing to project plans and providing periodic status/metrics
· Managing own time and assigned resources to meet schedule, cost, and quality objectives
· Contributing to the company’s engineering objectives regarding new product introduction, process improvement and lean manufacturing
• Prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers
• Assuring proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks
consistent with engineering policies and procedures
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related disciplines from an accredited college or university
• Minimum 3 years working experience (internships, co-op time included) in engineering related field.
• Experience/understanding of complex electronics technologies, materials and manufacturing processes
• Experience/understanding of electronic circuit design and analysis
• Experience/understanding of software (e.g. ability to read code and write scripts)
• Experience/understanding of full product life cycle (e.g. development, production and service use)
• Experience with maintainability and testability design, analysis, tools and/or industry standards
· Self-motivated and able to work autonomously
· Good interpersonal and communication skills
· Able to manage priorities and manage task performance
· Able to work well across disciplines and departments
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes