GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Measurement & Controls
As an Engineer at Druck, your ideas and expertise will enhance our business. All our sensors and instrument products are developed in house, you’ll be exposed to the whole development lifecycle, as well as getting the buzz of seeing your products manufactured and sold to our customers.
Druck have exciting opportunities for Mechanical, Electronic and Software engineers to work on our next generation instrumentation and pressure controller products for IIoT and digital industrial applications.
As an Engineer you will be expected to resolve problems through the application of acquired expertise guided by precedent. You will work together with people from the business unit under guidance to assist in resolving and giving explanations on technical issues.
· Design and development of precision analogue and digital control and measurement systems to be used in a wide range of industrial applications
· Design Change Initiation and implementation in accordance with business procedures
· Manufacturing technical support and provide solutions for production related problems
· High standard of documentation for evidence of conformity and technical explanation
· Excellent written and verbal communication
· Generation and Review of design specifications and requirements capture
· Ability to work across continents with remote engineering and sales teams
· Supporting external customers, internal sales and marketing functions
· Continually develop and advance internal operating procedures
· Degree or equivalent qualification in Electronic Engineering
· Proven ability in low power analogue and mixed signal circuit design and analysis, and ideally knowledge of digital protocols such as CAN, I2C, RS485, MODbus and ethernet
· Experience with PCB design, schematic capture and circuit simulation tools (Altium, PADS)
· Experience of Design for Manufacturing and Design for Test
· Knowledge of EMC design principles
· Strong time management skills
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Software packages (Word, Excel, Power point etc)
· Proven ability to work to deadlines and respond effectively to demanding customer requests
· Demonstrate excellent communication skills with customers and team members
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit theUK Border Agency website .
· Electronic instrumentation and/or portable product development experience
· Knowledge of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi protocols
· Embedded systems, Power systems, FPGA and CPLD design experience
· Intrinsically Safe product design experience for hazardous applications
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter@BHGECo , or visit us atBHGE.com .
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us onTwitter , join ourLinkedIn Group or become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .