Electronic Design Engineer- Test & Calibration Instruments
GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Measurement & Controls
As an Engineer at Druck, your ideas and expertise will enhance our business. All our sensors and instrument products are developed in house, you’ll be exposed to the whole development lifecycle, as well as getting the buzz of seeing your products manufactured and sold to our customers.
Druck have exciting opportunities for Mechanical, Electronic and Software engineers to work on our next generation instrumentation and pressure controller products for IIoT and digital industrial applications.
As an Engineer you will be expected to resolve problems through the application of acquired expertise guided by precedent. You will work together with people from the business unit under guidance to assist in resolving and giving explanations on technical issues.
· Design and development of precision analogue and digital control and measurement systems to be used in a wide range of industrial applications
· Design Change Initiation and implementation in accordance with business procedures
· Manufacturing technical support and provide solutions for production related problems
· High standard of documentation for evidence of conformity and technical explanation
· Excellent written and verbal communication
· Generation and Review of design specifications and requirements capture
· Ability to work across continents with remote engineering and sales teams
· Supporting external customers, internal sales and marketing functions
· Continually develop and advance internal operating procedures
· Degree or equivalent qualification in Electronic Engineering
· Proven ability in low power analogue and mixed signal circuit design and analysis, and ideally knowledge of digital protocols such as CAN, I2C, RS485, MODbus and ethernet
· Experience with PCB design, schematic capture and circuit simulation tools (Altium, PADS)
· Experience of Design for Manufacturing and Design for Test
· Knowledge of EMC design principles
· Strong time management skills
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Software packages (Word, Excel, Power point etc)
· Proven ability to work to deadlines and respond effectively to demanding customer requests
· Demonstrate excellent communication skills with customers and team members
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit theUK Border Agency website .
· Electronic instrumentation and/or portable product development experience
· Knowledge of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi protocols
· Embedded systems, Power systems, FPGA and CPLD design experience
· Intrinsically Safe product design experience for hazardous applications
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter@BHGECo , or visit us atBHGE.com .
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us onTwitter , join ourLinkedIn Group or become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .
Here are some other vacancies your might like
About General Electric
Inventer le monde industriel de demain, telle est la motivation de General Electric.
Multinationale de renom, GE est leader dans les secteurs énergie et transports dont les activités se répartissent entre GE Energy Infrastructure, GE Technology Infrastructure, GE Capital, GE Consumer & Industrial et NBC Universal. Doté d'importants pôles de recherche, General Electric met donc à profit son savoir-faire et ses connaissance afin produire de l'énergie, bâtir, faciliter les déplacement et améliorer les soins à travers le monde.
GE couvre un large de panel de métiers, niveaux et compétences à travers des fonctions d'ingénierie, marketing, santé, finance, logistique, communication, business développement etc. De ce fait, les offres du simple stage au CDI ne manquent pas en France, notamment sur les sites de Buc et Velizy Villacoublay, près de Paris.
La société offre des voies professionnelles multiples et intéressantes d'un point de vue rémunération, cadre de travail et challenges pour de jeunes stagiaires ou alternants souhaitant mettre à profit leurs compétences au sein d'une entreprise au service de tous pour inventer les solutions de demain.
Rejoignez GE pour construire votre parcours ensemble.