Electrical/Mechanical Panel Assembler
GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Measurement & Controls
The successful applicant will work as part of a Value Stream team, be self-motivated & reactive working to meet short deadlines.
This is a permanent role based in GE Sensing EMEA, Shannon.
Duties include, but are not limited to all/some of the following:
· Experience in the working of small to large scale control panels
· Skilled in reading schematic/flow diagrams to assemble wiring, switches, cables, and other mechanical or electrical components
· Work on electrical and mechanical components that are designed for operating electronic or mechanical equipment utilising various types of hand-tools to produce the required units
· Work with electrical/Mechanical engineers in problem-solving solutions as it relates to the assembly process and the functioning of the panels and its components
· Ability to manage small scale production projects.
· Ability to work on own initiative in a cross functional team
· Working knowledge of PLC an advantage
· Understanding of lean principles & working in a lean environment
· Functional testing & inspection of completed units & assemblies as per test/QA procedures
· Notify any potential errors on procedures, drawings and bills of materials, and engage with support teams (Quality and Manufacturing Engineering)
· Responsible for timely and accurate entry of data into SAP systems
· Responsible for maintaining high quality standards and workmanship
· Scheduling of work to ensure on time delivery
· Value people's health and safety in the workplace and continue in keeping strong EHS safe practices at work with the help of every employee
· Ensuring commitment and compliance with GE Quality policy & procedures with strong focus on continuous improvement and customer satisfaction
· Educated to Leaving Certificate or equivalent
· Fitting/Plumbing or Electrical qualification
· Must be very detailed oriented with an emphasis on accuracy
· Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multi-task, strong team player
· Excellent PC Skills including MS Word and Excel
· Prior similar work experience
· Experience with SAP an advantage
· Experience using test equipment
· Experience using pressure test equipment an advantage
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter@BHGECo , or visit us atBHGE.com .
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
About General Electric
Inventer le monde industriel de demain, telle est la motivation de General Electric.
Multinationale de renom, GE est leader dans les secteurs énergie et transports dont les activités se répartissent entre GE Energy Infrastructure, GE Technology Infrastructure, GE Capital, GE Consumer & Industrial et NBC Universal. Doté d'importants pôles de recherche, General Electric met donc à profit son savoir-faire et ses connaissance afin produire de l'énergie, bâtir, faciliter les déplacement et améliorer les soins à travers le monde.
GE couvre un large de panel de métiers, niveaux et compétences à travers des fonctions d'ingénierie, marketing, santé, finance, logistique, communication, business développement etc. De ce fait, les offres du simple stage au CDI ne manquent pas en France, notamment sur les sites de Buc et Velizy Villacoublay, près de Paris.
La société offre des voies professionnelles multiples et intéressantes d'un point de vue rémunération, cadre de travail et challenges pour de jeunes stagiaires ou alternants souhaitant mettre à profit leurs compétences au sein d'une entreprise au service de tous pour inventer les solutions de demain.
Rejoignez GE pour construire votre parcours ensemble.