Power Grid Solutions
The position is to work in an international environment part of GE Power engineering team. In this role you will utilize your experience and technical expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others as well as to provide customized solutions.
The work also consists of supporting engineering team, field service and customer in the area of on-line monitoring for power transformers. In the role it is also possible to deepen knowledge in electrical and mechanical design of sensors, electronic components as well as transformer design.
You will be responsible for:
· Electrical and mechanical design of monitoring systems incl. sensors
· Documenting technical data generated by the assigned project consistent with engineering policies and procedures
· Design of circuit diagrams and construction drawings with help of engineered software
· Testing of customized software and hardware solutions at factory incl. customer site
· Working with engineered software for testing of protocol communication
· Close cooperation with tendering and project management (PM) team
· Supporting of supply chain processes in technical clarification on customized requirements
· Installation and commissioning at customer site (more as 50% of working time)
· Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Physics or equivalent experience
· Experience in high voltage and electro mechanical dimensioning
· Deep knowledge in ECS CAD, Auto CAD and Engineering Base
· Good knowledge in industrial operating systems and communications protocols (IEC61850, -104, -101, DNP3, Modbus, Profibus)
· Fluent in German and English, oral and written
· Proven technical experience
· Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
· Effective problem identification and solution skills
· Proven analytical and organizational ability
· Awareness of deadlines, costs and quality
· Ability to work independently as well as in a team
· Capable of high commitment, flexibility, resilience and versatility
· Willingness to travel abroad
· Fluent in French, oral and written
GE Power provides a broad array of power generation, energy delivery, and water process technologies to solve your challenges locally. We work in several areas of the energy industry, including renewable resources such as wind and solar, biogas and alternative fuels, and coal, oil, natural gas, and nuclear energy. We also develop advanced technologies to help solve some of the world’s most complex challenges related to water availability and quality.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles... people like you.