Aviation Business & General Aviation & Integrated Systems
Working as a Development engineer within a multi-disciplined team of engineers at Dowty Propellers reporting to the Development Test Manager. You will support the business in meeting customer requirements, quality, timescale and cost. Projects will include new applications and in-service product support..
Objectives of the post are to organise, conduct and carry out development certification tests, which will include;
· Technical report compilation
· Technically liaise with current and new project participants, supply base and other sub-contract organisations and customers.
· Support off on-going continuous improvement initiatives.
· Assess electrical/mechanical problems, often to demanding timescales whilst maintaining engineering integrity.
· Proactively and energetically interact in a cross-functional team environment and be open minded to new ideas and concepts.
· Implement and maintain GE standard of compliance and policy.
· Education should be to HNC standard or equivalent in Electrical or mechanical Engineering.
· Proved track record in communicating ideas in a professional manner, facilitating open discussion,
· Demonstrate strong problem solving skills.
· Basic familiarity with software and software engineering
· Basic understanding of, and interest in, electrical principles.
· Literate with Microsoft Office tools.
· Able to make a difference, enthusiast of change.
· ‘Can-do’ attitude with experience of working on own initiative or as part of a team within a changing environment.
· Target driven, capable of taking ownership ensuring deadlines are met.
· Commitment to high standards of design excellence.
· Prepared to work offsite/outside of UK for short periods of time and willingness to work extended/flexible hours when required to meet customer demands.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
· Good communication & literacy skills
· Able to solve problems whilst working to tight schedules.
· Basic understanding of test engineering principles.
· Basic familiarity with report writing/compilation.
· Basic familiarity with Labview rig control system.
· Electrical/electronic experience
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Here are some other vacancies your might like
About General Electric
Inventer le monde industriel de demain, telle est la motivation de General Electric.
Multinationale de renom, GE est leader dans les secteurs énergie et transports dont les activités se répartissent entre GE Energy Infrastructure, GE Technology Infrastructure, GE Capital, GE Consumer & Industrial et NBC Universal. Doté d'importants pôles de recherche, General Electric met donc à profit son savoir-faire et ses connaissance afin produire de l'énergie, bâtir, faciliter les déplacement et améliorer les soins à travers le monde.
GE couvre un large de panel de métiers, niveaux et compétences à travers des fonctions d'ingénierie, marketing, santé, finance, logistique, communication, business développement etc. De ce fait, les offres du simple stage au CDI ne manquent pas en France, notamment sur les sites de Buc et Velizy Villacoublay, près de Paris.
La société offre des voies professionnelles multiples et intéressantes d'un point de vue rémunération, cadre de travail et challenges pour de jeunes stagiaires ou alternants souhaitant mettre à profit leurs compétences au sein d'une entreprise au service de tous pour inventer les solutions de demain.
Rejoignez GE pour construire votre parcours ensemble.