The Data Engineering team helps solve our customers' toughest challenges; making flights safer, power cheaper, and oil & gas production safer for people and the environment by leveraging data and analytics. The Data Engineer will work with the team to create state-of-the-art data and analytics driven solutions, working across GE to drive business analytics to a new level of predictive analytics while leveraging big data tools and technologies.
As a Data Engineer, you will be part of a data engineering or cross-disciplinary team on commercially-facing development projects, typically involving large, complex data sets. These teams typically include statisticians, computer scientists, software developers, engineers, product managers, and end users, working in concert with partners in GE business units. Potential application areas include remote monitoring and diagnostics across infrastructure and industrial sectors, financial portfolio risk assessment, and operations optimization.
In this role you will:
· Performs a variety of data loads & data transformations.
· Working knowledge of methods for parsing, formatting, & transforming data into units consistent with analytical needs.
· Demonstrates proficiency in implementation of logical/physical data models that support MDM best practices.
· Performs integration of multiple data source-formats into master data load.
· Proficient in the use of at least one ETL tool.
· Must have good communication skills - both oral and written
· Bachelor's Degree in business, computer science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
· Fluent in relational database platforms and programming languages: Oracle, SQL Server, Open Source databases with minimum 5 years of experience as data
· Experience and understanding of Microsoft Azure DBMS related services and Virtual Machines platforms
· A minimum of 3 years of technical experience along with established credentials across disciplines and functions within a product
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
· Must be willing to work out of an office located in Providence, RI.
· Working knowledge of DB technologies, distributed systems Automation, Oracle Exadata, SQL Server, Open Source db's
· Deployment & Automation and Configuration Management tools: Docker,Chef/Puppet, Refactory and Jenkins
· Understands the technology landscape, up to date on current technology trends and new technology, brings new ideas to the team and ability to analyze impact of technology choices
· Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
· Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
· Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas
· Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
· Shares knowledge, power, and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill
· Self-motivated, able to work independently
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with leadership with confidence and clarity
· Ability to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility, manage multiple priorities across the technology stack
· Ability to identify, quantify and resolve technical problems along with deep passion for learning
At GE Digital, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines. It’s about making infrastructure more intelligent and advancing the industries critical to the world we live in. At GE, we believe it’s about the future of industry—energy, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing. It’s about making the world work better. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
Here are some other vacancies your might like
About General Electric
Inventer le monde industriel de demain, telle est la motivation de General Electric.
Multinationale de renom, GE est leader dans les secteurs énergie et transports dont les activités se répartissent entre GE Energy Infrastructure, GE Technology Infrastructure, GE Capital, GE Consumer & Industrial et NBC Universal. Doté d'importants pôles de recherche, General Electric met donc à profit son savoir-faire et ses connaissance afin produire de l'énergie, bâtir, faciliter les déplacement et améliorer les soins à travers le monde.
GE couvre un large de panel de métiers, niveaux et compétences à travers des fonctions d'ingénierie, marketing, santé, finance, logistique, communication, business développement etc. De ce fait, les offres du simple stage au CDI ne manquent pas en France, notamment sur les sites de Buc et Velizy Villacoublay, près de Paris.
La société offre des voies professionnelles multiples et intéressantes d'un point de vue rémunération, cadre de travail et challenges pour de jeunes stagiaires ou alternants souhaitant mettre à profit leurs compétences au sein d'une entreprise au service de tous pour inventer les solutions de demain.
Rejoignez GE pour construire votre parcours ensemble.