Description de l'offre
Finance Technology team at Amazon is looking for a Data Engineer to play a key role in building the next generation Financial data warehouse. The ideal candidate will be passionate about building large, scalable and fast distributed systems on the AWS stack. Our new team member will want to be part of a team that has accepted the goal to democratize access to data and enabling data driven innovations for Finance users at Amazon. We are building one of the coolest brand new Big Data solutions at Amazon that will enable rapid self-service data reconciliations at Amazon.
We're looking for an engineering peer with strong background in the AWS stack (S3, EMR, Redshift) or traditional BI & DW with interest in data mining and ability to sieve emerging patterns and trends from large amount of data. Data Engineers should have strong experience with standard data warehousing components (e.g. ETL, Reporting, and Data Modeling). The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in dimensional modeling, excellent problem solving ability dealing with huge volumes of data and a short learning curve. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required as the candidate will work closely with Finance customers and our leadership.
Along with Amazon scale problems to solve, we provide you with a chance to work the industry's most talented data engineering minds. Click Apply for an opportunity to create history while having fun.
· Design, build and own a high volume financial data warehouse.
· Build efficient data models using industry best practices and metadata for reporting.
· Interface with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete data & reporting solutions.
· Owning the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, and dashboards to drive key business decisions
· Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
· Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load (ETL) data from a wide variety of data sources
· Own the functional and technical scaling of software systems in your ownership area.
· Provides input and recommendations on technical issues to BI Engineers, Business and Data Analysts.
Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related field
· 3-9 years of experience in data engineering or Business Intelligence space
· Strong understanding of ETL concepts and experience building them with large-scale, complex datasets using traditional or map reduce batch mechanism.
· Strong data modelling skills with solid knowledge of various industry standards such as dimensional modelling, star schemas etc
· Extremely proficient in writing performant SQL working with large data volumes
· Experience designing and operating very large Data Warehouses
· Experience with scripting for automation (e.g., UNIX Shell scripting, Python, Perl, or Ruby).
· Good to have experience working on the AWS stack
· Clear thinker with superb problem-solving skills to prioritize and stay focused on big needle movers
· Curious, self-motivated & a self-starter with a ‘can do attitude'. Comfortable working in fast paced dynamic environment.