Job Description SummaryThe Plant Controls Internship is an opportunity for being part of the Controls SCADA and Networks team in the Offshore Wind business in GE. The candidate will be responsible for implementing designs and validating our SCADA, Wind Farm Network and communications.
- Write and execute test cases for the SCADA product and Wind Farm network
- Be part of the team sessions to share knowledge
- Implementation of designs, and validation of windfarm network communication system as well as for SCADA product.
- Write and maintain functional specifications for new or modified requirements.
- Work with individual product teams to ensure cyber secure designs and standards are integrated into network and SCADA systems.
- Degree in Control Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical or Network Engineering from an accredited College or University, or last year of University.
- Industrial knowledge of real-time systems, IP address management, knowledge of industry standard communication protocols and common fieldbus protocols
- Experience in configuration and management of related devices.
- Knowledge of the Open Systems Interconnection model (OSI) model and data transmission and communication.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, proven leadership skills and a positive energy
- Driving license
- If contracted in Spain:
Non-national candidates are responsible to know the minimum documentation requirements to be able to be contracted in country: NIE- Social Security Affiliation Number in Spain (NAF) and Bank Account in Spain. They must be in possession of them at the time of start hiring. GE will not sponsor this requirement.
- Experience with industrial redundant networks
- Knowledge of security system design and practices
- Knowledge of Wind Farm communications protocols and standards such as Modbus, IEC 62443, IEC 61850, IEC 60870-5-101/104 or equivalent knowledge or experience
Relocation Assistance Provided: No