Aviation Business & General Aviation & Integrated Systems
This position will provide technical support to the production environment for both OE and R&O business units of Dowty Propellers. He/She will also support the program value streams for the purpose of development of prototypes, processes, and/or material data base qualifications. In addition, this person will provide engineering expertise to building complex composite components to meet quality, performance, schedule, and cost goals.
· This person will also be responsible to resolve issue of difficult scope including scale up of materials and processes in a Manufacturing Technology environment and supporting continuous process improvement through Production implementation of the new technologies.
· Monitor composite manufacturing process metrics including yields and processing times.
· Manage multiple projects by providing scheduling, resource management, budget control and EHS compliance
· Support the operations of the manufacturing process to maintain production output.
· Design necessary fixtures and tooling for manufacturing of NPI’s and for process improvements
· Participate in LEAN initiative, and engage Six Sigma tools for process improvements.
· Compile data and publish technical reports as necessary for new and existing processes in the department.
· Investigate and perform feasibility studies for new processes or techniques to reduce cost and improve quality.
· Demonstrate the ability to manage Medium and large-sized projects through implementation, including the direction of other technicians and operators.
· Maintain responsibility and accountability for all elements of a project/task.
· Determine critical path for projects and focus resources to ensure delivery on-time and on budget.
· Communicate project progress and problems clearly and concisely to all involved personnel including management teams.
· Proactively identify potential problem areas through regular process monitoring using statistical techniques.
· Create new drawings and specifications, and train others upon release.
· Operate as a self-directed team member with minimal supervision.
· Bachelors of Science in Chemical Engineering, Materials Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related engineering degree or equivalent knowledge and experience
· Or HNC with proven experience as Process/Manufacturing Engineer within a composites environment
· Masters of Science in similar field is desired or equivalent knowledge and experience.
· Proven experience within a manufacturing Engineering environment
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
· Ability to work independently.
· Strong problem solving skills.
AtGE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us onTwitter , join ourLinkedIn Group or become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .