Description de l'offre
Power Grid Solutions
All resources, and logistics required to perform services and maintenance activities on customers' site/property. These activities contribute to, maintain, repair and refurbish sold or existing products. Includes all types of maintenance service (preventive and remedial), manage maintenance facilities and field services engineering.
· All activities related to the testing and validation of an equipment, facility or plant in accordance to the design objectives or specifications for operational use.
· Includes Performance Services, Performance tests.
· Contributes to the development of an operational year plan for own department activities of the team.
· Discusses consequences of changes in products and processes for the own team in the organization.
· Works together with people from the business unit.
· Contacts are under guidance and/or geared towards collecting or giving technical information.
· Targeted clients. Contracts are predefined and a framework of conditions is set and followed.
· We are looking for a highly motivated service, maintenance and commissioning engineers to join our Field Service and Construction Team. Applicants are required to have good experience with testing and commissioning of high voltage substation equipment. This includes switch gear, HV plant, substation control system, Protection schemes, relays, Low Voltage AC and DC supplies, etc.
· Other responsibilities will include general site HV Service maintenance, off shore windfarm working, technical support and participation in the GE 24/7 on-call service rota for UK projects.
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least strong experience in Services) or equivalent knowledge or experience
· Applicants are required to have the right to work in the UK and shall possess a clean driving license.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
· Ability to work independently.
· Strong problem solving skills.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.