Aviation Avionics & Digital Systems
As a Cell Support Engineer you are providing Engineering support for all production products in your Manufacturing Cell. You will be looking for trending failures, understanding the root causes and implementing design changes to ensure the highest quality of hardware in production.
· FRACAS - Monitor test performance of all products in the Cell through automated tools. Run
· Failure Review Boards on the worst products to understand the root causes and implement changes to the design as required to maximise first time yield.
· Manufacturing - Support your Manufacturing Cell with Technical/Engineering queries as required to ensure that production output targets are maintained
· Manage and drive department cost-out activity – Variable Cost & Engineering Productivity
· Relevant engineering HNC or equivalent relevant level of experience and knowledge.
· Experience in developing and executing process improvements.
· Experience in engineering project management or a leadership role within an engineering.
· Experienced in implementing Root Cause Corrective Action.
· Initiative, proactivity, enthusiasm and a passion for Engineering.
· Excellent diagnostic skills to component level.
· Good problem-solving and solution-building skills.
· An understanding of mechanical designs and software would be advantageous.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
· Ability to work independently.
· Strong problem solving skills.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.