Job Description SummaryEngineers providing consulting services to internal/external energy clients resulting in sales revenue Executes standard sales tasks and typically subject to instructions and work routines. There is latitude to rearrange the sequence to complete task/duties based on changing work situations. May be responsible for targeted clients, stable regions, and/or small/medium sales territories.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work in a lab setting to support hands-on design, manufacturing, settings, installation, testing, commissioning and maintenance of specialty or custom protection and control hardware equipment.
- Lead and support the manufacturing and fulfilment process of hardware equipment including equipment and vendor evaluation, procurement, inventory, preparation of bill of materials, O&M manual, shipment, etc.
- Perform analysis, design and development of engineering solutions and equipment specification studies and provide technical consulting services to customers.
- Effectively communicate with internal and external clients and plant staff by preparing written detailed and summary reports and making presentations describing analyses performed, solutions developed, and customer value propositions.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical or electric power engineering.
- Familiarity with low voltage electrical equipment design, modification, instrumentation, and PLC controllers.
- Familiarity with design and development of single line and three line wiring diagrams and AC/DC schematics.
- Familiarity with power system protection relay applications, protection coordination, relay settings development and programming.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel (up to 10%) domestic and internationally.
- Advanced degree in electrical, mechanical, or electric power engineering from an accredited university or college.
- Understanding of controls concepts for grid-interactive power systems equipment and controls, e.g.: automatic voltage regulators, and power system stabilizers.
- Familiarity with product design life cycle, including factory acceptance, witness, and commissioning testing.
- Previous experience with design, manufacturing, settings, installation, testing and maintenance of unique or custom protection and control equipment.
- Experience with power equipment modeling and simulation in key software analytic tools such as ETAP, EasyPower, ATP, PSLF, PSS/E, MATLAB, DigSilent PowerFactory, Python, and PSCAD.
- Understanding of generators, transformers, circuit breakers, generator protection, closed loop voltage regulator controls, governor and power/frequency control, arresters, shunt and series applications of capacitors, synchronous condensers, power electronic converters for renewable energy (wind and solar) and industrial applications.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No