The Valuation and Analytics team is part of the Global Trade Management function of GE Treasury, which manages and services GE’s debt and derivatives portfolio. The Analyst is responsible for the design and execution of controls and analytics in support of GE Treasury’s debt and derivatives valuations
· Develop models, set up and configure instruments, construct market data curves and run controls to ensure the accuracy of GE debt and derivative valuations used for financial reporting, hedge accounting, collateral management and current exposure measurement.
· Validate MTM outputs through in-house analytics and use of independent derivative valuation applications – daily and monthly controls
· Design and develop valuation-related analytics to provide value-add service to business users.
· Provide support to key strategic initiatives
· Develop, test, document and roll-out valuation related product enhancements including curves & methodologies and support change management activities through the incorporation of new financial products, indices and currencies in valuation systems.
· Design bespoke valuation models to meet business needs
· Assist in team development through cross-training
· Prior work experience in Finance, Capital Markets or Treasury
· Some experience in a valuation control environment
· Familiarity with market data, data sources (Bloomberg, Reuters, Markit), conventions and their application to valuation and related analytics
· Proven experience in running & reviewing daily and monthly valuation controls
· Familiarity with Wall Street Suite (WSS)
· Experience configuring and using off-the-shelf fixed income derivative valuation systems and tools (Matlab, SuperDerivatives)
· Strong interpersonal & communication skills.
· Ability to effectively convey complex technical information to a ‘non- technical’ audience.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
AtGE Capital we’re not just bankers, we’re builders. Headquartered in Norwalk Connecticut, GE Capital is one of the world’s largest providers of credit and expertise. For more than 1 million businesses, GE Capital provides financing to purchase, lease and distribute equipment, as well as capital for real estate and corporate acquisitions, efinancings and restructurings. GE Capital operates in a number of industries, from airlines, healthcare and energy financing to fleet, franchise and middle market corporate finance. For approximately 80 million consumers, GE Capital offers credit cards and retail sales finance programs. GE Capital is an extension of GE's rich heritage of building and supporting growth, providing customers with insight, knowledge and expertise in addition to financing. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Join us and you’ll find yourself part of a dynamic team full of professional challenges and opportunities.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.