Description de l'offre
GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Oilfield Equipment
The primary role of the Graduate Analysis engineer is to carry out preliminary and detailed power and communications analysis of Subsea Control Systems in accordance with customer and international specifications.
Analysis engineers are involved in all stages of project lifecycle including FEED studies, tenders, project execution, services, and New Product Introduction (NPI). The analysis group covers all products in the subsea controls product line, including Production Control Systems (PCS), and intervention systems (IWOCS).
In addition there is a requirement for performing general electrical circuit modelling to assist in detailed equipment design, fault finding and technical investigations.
• Undertake provisional / preliminary Electrical performance analyses for communications and power as part of the tendering process.
• Produce preliminary performance results and identify key and marginal parameters as well as system expansion limitations.
• Provide input to the tender risk review in terms of achieving Customer performance requirements.
• Define all information required through the project interface coordinator in order to undertake detailed electrical power and signal analyses.
• Undertake a detailed electrical power and signal performance analysis considering worst and best case operating conditions and initial and full-field expansion – utilising commercially available software modelling packages.
• Generate a performance report ensuring that key system performance criteria and limitations are highlighted.
• Ensure that the analysis is re-run as necessary when key data changes.
• Work closely with systems engineers supporting the design of power and communication networks, and selecting adequate components for an optimal system solution.
• Ensure that the System Engineer and Project Engineering Manager are notified of performance restrictions, required interlocks etc.
• Participate in R&D activities to support detail design activities as required by product specialists.
• Participate in Technical Investigations and Studies.
• Creation of analysis documents.
• Technical liaison with other departments, customers and the supply base.
• Root cause failure investigations and technical reporting
• Assist in the preparation of Procedural Instructions and Codes of Practice.
• Operational support throughout the life of the project and when the system is in service.
• Work closely with the analysis team and manage workload and priorities.
• Electrical engineering background, preferably.
• Degree qualified in relevant subject (e.g electrical, electronics, telecommunications, etc.) or equivalent knowledge and experience.
• Must have a sound and proven understanding of electrical power, transmission line theory and communications systems.
• Competent in engineering mathematics.
• Must be capable of utilising P-Spice/Orcad and Mathcad (Matrices and FFT’s).
• Good time management skills and ability to perform to focused schedules.
Position Posted: 12.12.18
Position Closes: 09.01.19
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test.
For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Strong problem solving skills.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. We deploy minds and machines to enhance customer productivity, safety and environmental stewardship, while minimizing costs and risks at every step of the energy value chain. With operations in over 120 countries, we infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter@BHGECo , or visit us atBHGE.com .