GE Gas Power
Gas Power Aero Products & Services Joint Venture
The Aero Alliance LM 2500 Test Engineer is responsible for testing of Gas Turbine Engines in the Kollsnes test cell.
• Drive strategic and critical business initiatives internally and with cross-functions to meet overall goals on Quality, EHS, TAT and Cost.
• Implement productivity improvement initiatives.
• Establish and maintain communication tools/visual aids to ensure team understands schedule targets and progress. Escalate issues as needed and collaborate with teams to resolve.
• Develop a strong partnership with internal and external teams to build a solid continuous improvement project deck for the assigned work areas and processes
• Establish and maintain tools and processes to continuously improve cycle times for engine testing processes.
• Accountable to AA Compliance and Integrity standards
• Accountable to AA EHS culture, driving a safe workplace and environment
• Prepare for and test LM2500, LM1600 and Avon 1535 engines. ( this includes but is not limited to installation correctness, test and troubleshooting, usage of GE control systems and software monitoring systems, understanding and calculation of estimated performance and other criteria to establish acceptance of engine, driving corrective actions to overcome test failures, work individually and in teams)
• Create test summaries and reports.
• Maintain computer and instrument systems in test cell
• Plan and organize maintenance of systems and equipment at facility
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent level by experience
• Strong English language skills
• Customer-focused mindset with proven ability to respond quickly to customer needs
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
• Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects
• In-depth knowledge of GE Aeroderivative engine and module components, assembly, test and quality methods
• Controls experience using GE controls. Understanding software logic and applications.
• Experience with LM2500/LM1600
• High level of knowledge of Mechanical & Electrical principals applying to Gas Turbines
• Must have thorough knowledge of FOD/DOD prevention and control.
• Able to manage Office (Excel, Powerpoint…) Package
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Flexible mind and able to adapt to different scenarios
Aero Alliance is a Joint Venture that serves three segments of customers – its two parent companies, Baker Hughes and GE Power, as well as the Authorized Service Providers (ASP) network. At Aero Alliance, our purpose is to deliver improved product, repair & execution strategy & fulfillment with best-in-class quality, speed and cost for the JV Partners & ASPs.