Aviation Supply Chain
The primary role of the Advanced Technology Researcher (ATR) is to develop Additive Manufacturing (AM) methods for repairing aircraft engine components and industrialize the process in a high-volume manufacturing(repair) environment.
· Work with GE Additive Technology Centre (ATC) in the US to industrialize repairs for titanium and superalloy-based aircraft engine components.
· Set up a metal additive manufacturing facility in Singapore.
· Develop process parameters for metal 3D printing, pre- and post-processing and inspection of repaired components that are suitable for implementation in a dynamic, high-volume component repair shop.
· Ensure that high standards of Quality, Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) are achieved in the repair process.
· Master's or PhD in Engineering
· Familiar with additive manufacturing or vision systems technology and pre- and post-processing for metal 3-D printing
· Good communication skills with the ability to communicate at a variety of levels from researchers to shopfloor technicians
· Manufacturing engineering experience
· Experience with vision systems and pattern recognition software
· Laser/Optics experience
· Experience in machine integration
· Ability to influence others and lead small teams
GE (NYSE:GE) rises to the challenge of building a world that works. For more than 125 years, GE has invented the future of industry, and today the company’s dedicated team, leading technology, and global reach and capabilities help the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE’s people are diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest level of integrity and focus to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for its customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.