Healthcare Integrated Supply Chain
Join the Electric Avenue team in driving the X-ray tubes manufacturing operations to support our "Tube in a Day" vision. This Manufacturing Technician role will perform diverse and complex assignments in support of GE Healthcare product development and manufacturing.
Key assignments may include, but are not limited to:
· Fabrication and assembly of fixtures and equipment, set up and running of data acquisition equipment for tests, carrying out experiments, reporting/documenting results of tests and measures, lead compliance and quality activities and train other team members.
· Test production assemblies and sub-assemblies for correct operation and compliance to performance specifications
· Interfaces with other departments in the execution of duties to ensure the orderly flow of materials and information
· Utilizing initiative and independent judgment, construct and assist in evaluating engineering models
· Perform advanced trouble shooting encompassing multiple variables and unknowns to achieve root cause analysis and problem resolution. Conduct experiments and diagnostic tests, as required to draw conclusions
· Perform software and hardware evaluation and implement plans using knowledge of product, system operation, intermodule interactions, engineering tools, and interactive software tools as required
· Utilize basic technical communications throughout the new product cycle to improve internal models and/or externally sourced components in terms of system performance, reliability, functionality, and serviceability
· Provide evaluation, constructive feedback and leadership in the development of internal and external engineering, manufacturing, or service documentation
· Develop and execute training plans as required
· Provide strong individual contributions in the context of achieving team goals. Provide technical leadership by assisting others in troubleshooting, answering questions and seeking engineering assistance
· Train other team members through technical communications and/or presentations.
· Lead compliance and quality activities by looking for defect trends, learning about quality issues and concessions and passing information to other technicians. Serve as the manufacturing expert on new product introductions by providing feedback to engineering and manufacturing personnel as new products are developed and new procedures are implemented
· Provide technical assistance by telephone or in person to customers, field service personnel, or suppliers
· Comply with EHS regulations and policies
· Minimum of an Associates degree, or a High School diploma and 2 years technical experience
· Proficiency to logically troubleshoot at subsystem and system level, using identifiable problem solving techniques
· Ability to draw accurate conclusions from test data, malfunctions, or deviations, and assist with corrections to the existing design or process
· Proficiency to understand, interpret, and create written technical information
· Demonstrated ability to work well with limited direction and information
· Ability to communicate using English with demonstrated technical writing skills (or local language)
· Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Engineering or Technology related fields
· Experience working in a regulated industry
· Experience working with GEHC’s QMS requirements
· Ability to cover production supervision during weekend OT and vacations
· Experience with Lean Manufacturing and a desire to incorporate lean principals into the workplace
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical
technology and digital solutions innovator with over 100 years of healthcare industry experience and around 50,000
employees globally. We enable clinicians to make faster, more informed decisions through intelligent devices, data
analytics, applications and services, supported by our Edison intelligence platform. We operate at the center of an
ecosystem working toward precision health - digitizing healthcare, helping drive productivity and improving outcomes for
patients, providers, health systems and researchers around the world.
s target=“_blank”> One moment, many lives – why work for GE Healthcare
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).