GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Measurement & Controls
Advanced Manufacturing Engineers provide dedicated technical support to a nominated production line within the Groby manufacturing facility. Successful candidates should expect to work in a fast-paced, customer focused production environment, providing quick and effective solutions to daily production issues, support New Product Introductions, Custom Product Opportunities and Capability Development (NPIs, CPO’s & CD) and contribute to longer-term process improvements to drive productivity.
· Design, procurement and validation of manufacturing, assembly and test tooling/fixtures
· Development of assembly processes and procedures
· Provide electro-mechanical support to production floor
· Preparation and release of Work Instructions detailing critical assembly operations
· Creation of product routings within ERP system
· Support all aspects of pre-production and post-launch production through to project closure.
· Influence design to ensure new designs are optimised for manufacture, performance, yield and
· Lead PFMEA and Process Mapping activities to identify manufacturing risks and optimise
· Engineering Degree or equivalent experience in mechanical or manufacturing engineering discipline.
· Sound understanding of stress/strain and ability to apply to pressure systems design.
· Understanding of Electromechanical Assembly/Sub Assy, in a technical production environment.
· Knowledge of Design for Manufacturability, Lean Manufacturing techniques, Quality System, and
· Hands-on capability with good knowledge of manufacturing and calibration/validation processes.
· Ability to use CAD (Pro/Engineer, SolidWorks or AutoCAD) to design fixtures and analyse product designs.
· Lead and be contributing member of cross functional teams
· Strong background in interpretation of Engineering drawings/specifications, and manufacturing
· Strong Analytical, problem solving and inter-personal skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience in technical writing and
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
· Experience of using SAP ERP
· Certified Six Sigma Green Belt
· Experience with pressure measurement technologies
· Support and/or Design experience with calibration and characterization systems
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. We deploy minds and machines to enhance customer productivity, safety and environmental stewardship, while minimizing costs and risks at every step of the energy value chain. With operations in over 120 countries, we infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter@BHGECo , or visit us atBHGE.com .